UK Politics: Rwanda Rehash

Maltaran

On 1/30/2024 at 4:56 AM, Fragile Bird said:

I have no idea what happened, but he was a student at the very upper crust school Harrow, when he was expelled a few weeks before taking his A-levels. He couldn’t get into any university due to a report about him from Harrow. There may be something out there on the internet explaining what he did, but I haven’t bothered looking. Presumably it was about cheating, but maybe it was something more, Sex, drugs and cheating?

My nephew currently has to choose between Winchester and Harrow - I think I'll recommend he drop the latter :D 

Edited by Crixus

3 hours ago, Crixus said:

My nephew currently has to choose between Winchester and Harrow - I think I'll recommend he drop the latter :D 

It will be full of Toffs but its also a very good school at getting results.  It could give him a lot of advantages in ealy carear.  

1 hour ago, Crixus said:

Lol!!!! Rock, hard place. 

Right? But as Pebble said, there's no question either would provide him a top notch education. And I think it's not necessarily that these schools turn pupils into entitled toffs who go on to become entitled politicians/CEOs/etc, but that these types always have access to the best there is b/c  silver spoons and all that.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:01 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Right? But as Pebble said, there's no question either would provide him a top notch education. And I think it's not necessarily that these schools turn pupils into entitled toffs who go on to become entitled politicians/CEOs/etc, but that these types always have access to the best there is b/c  silver spoons and all that.

Agree, and that's why my sister has invested so much time and effort into this - she says she'll do without a lot, but her priority is giving her 2 kids (nephew and niece) the best possible education. It's literally the only thing she and her husband can agree on :D

And luckily, they've both been raised right so hopefully won't transform into unbearable little shits anytime soon. Even now, they go to a posh school which has the likes of one of Jacob Rees-Mogg's *vomit* kids, along with the grandson of an absolutely vile, corrupt Pakistani politician: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nawaz_Sharif 

They're not friends, safe to say. 

I have worked with a lot of private school graduates over the years. Many of them are indeed very nice folks. But many of them genuinely have no idea how the rest of the world lives. For example, I've had to gently explain to them things like how bright working class kids sometimes literally have no place to study or do homework and do poorly in school as a result, and they're utterly amazed at this concept. 

Abolishing private schools would do these kids a favour, as well as removing an unfair advantage. I'm immovably opposed to them in principle. Get rid of every single one. 

6 hours ago, Crixus said:

Agree, and that's why my sister has invested so much time and effort into this - she says she'll do without a lot, but her priority is giving her 2 kids (nephew and niece) the best possible education.

As well as a big old dollop of child sexual abuse. And yes, it happens in every single one of these places.

Frankly, any parent who sends their kids to one of these places should be tarred and fucking feathered. 

"Ooooh, I love you, Timmy. Now fuck off to Eton for three months to get buggered by your housemaster."

Edited by Spockydog

This is a microcosm of Britain 2024. Have you ever heard anything as absurd as this?

I know people believe The Metropolitan Police to be a bunch of incompetent clowns. But this takes the biscuit. 

Edited by Spockydog

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

As well as a big old dollop of child sexual abuse. And yes, it happens in every single one of these places.

Frankly, any parent who sends their kids to one of these places should be tarred and fucking feathered. 

"Ooooh, I love you, Timmy. Now fuck off to Eton for three months to get buggered by your housemaster."

Tell me again about that chip on your shoulder

30 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

Tell me again about that chip on your shoulder

Do you actually think that separating yourself from your children and placing them at a heightened risk of getting buggered by some disgusting old cunt, for most of their childhoods, makes you a good parent?

Speaking as someone who was separated from his mother as a young child, this shit is verging on the barbaric. 

Edited by Spockydog

9 hours ago, Crixus said:

Agree, and that's why my sister has invested so much time and effort into this - she says she'll do without a lot, but her priority is giving her 2 kids (nephew and niece) the best possible education. It's literally the only thing she and her husband can agree on :D

And luckily, they've both been raised right so hopefully won't transform into unbearable little shits anytime soon. Even now, they go to a posh school which has the likes of one of Jacob Rees-Mogg's *vomit* kids, along with the grandson of an absolutely vile, corrupt Pakistani politician: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nawaz_Sharif 

They're not friends, safe to say. 

I have serious doubt that a private school education is superior to a publicly funded school system. Are private schools repositories of esoteric knowledge that is unavailable to the rest of us? Are the teachers a better class of human beings than the rest of the population and more able to access the esoteric knowledge hidden in their schools. The only difference is better funding at the expense of those of us who have not the ability to send our kids there. As I see it a lot of the reasons for private schools is to keep your kids away from the real world and its issues for as long as possible.

If you really want a good education for your child, surround them with books and other resources so they can explore the world around them and actually learn and grow.