Star Wars: Now You Will Experience the Full Power of Disney

Corvinus85

That trailer is frustrating because it looks like it could be a really good, tense, cat and mouse thriller type of a series... but we know for damn sure that the mouse survives so the stakes are halved. I'd be quite hyped for this if I thought there was a chance the person these Sithy types are chasing might die. 

Disney'd do themselves a power of good not leaning on the names all the time for the live-action. Do me a Jedi (but not a known one)-led noir detective mystery on Coruscant's lower levels. Have a movie that's a bout a random team of big-game hunters trying to procure a monster for Jabba's collection. 

Well it seems like there's at least one other Jedi in the mix. Probably more who die early on. If they can get us to care about one or more of them then it can still have stakes. 

Once he leaves tatooine once to help resist the empire you have to ask why he didn't do more. Hopefully the show has an answer. Actually maybe the answer is Vader? Once he knows Anakin is still alive out there he can't risk it anymore. 

18 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

That trailer is frustrating because it looks like it could be a really good, tense, cat and mouse thriller type of a series... but we know for damn sure that the mouse survives so the stakes are halved. I'd be quite hyped for this if I thought there was a chance the person these Sithy types are chasing might die. 

Disney'd do themselves a power of good not leaning on the names all the time for the live-action. Do me a Jedi (but not a known one)-led noir detective mystery on Coruscant's lower levels. Have a movie that's a bout a random team of big-game hunters trying to procure a monster for Jabba's collection. 

Maybe Obi Wan dies a glorious death and his slightly senile twin, Ben, goes to visit him on Tattoine. No one's there so he decides to wait until his brother shows up... for the next decade. Then Luke shows up with his droid. He doesn't ever remember owning a droid but he vaguely remembers the name "Obi Wan". He doesn't know what it means but he knows being lonely sucks and he doesn't want the farm boy to be lonely so he says, "It's me!" Then he makes up some random stuff about sand people and the story proceeds from there. 

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Still, I thought it was a pretty good trailer.  Doesn't mean the show's gonna be any good at all, but even managed to get me a little pumped.

I had the same feeling. It looks epic. Obviously, the Williams score was doing some heavy lifting, but the stuff with the Jedi hunters looked fun. 

Actually, weirdly, the scenes on that city on a new planet reminded me quite of that Star Wars: Underworld test reel from years back:

7 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

lol great minds

Hah! I'm still hoping it will be good. Reading the wikipedia page, it seems like there have been a few rewrites as it was initially suupposed to be a movie. I haven't seen much of Jody Harold's work, the writer of the show, but perhaps the trailer is just bad and the series will end up being a good one. I don't think any of the star wars disney+ shows have been good, but maybe this might change that.

Would be nice to be excited about star wars again, after the dumpster fire that was the rise of skywalker and the underwhelming disney shows, I've essentially checked out.

3 minutes ago, Raja said:

Would be nice to be excited about star wars again, after the dumpster fire that was the rise of skywalker and the underwhelming disney shows, I've essentially checked out.

Have you watched any of the anime shorts anthology? I need to get back to that actually, the three or four I watched were all fun, and some absolutely gorgeous to look at. No deep weight, and I think it does need spacing out coz some of the stories are variations on a theme, but... it's good fun. 

I agree with the checking out, to the point I didn't even really consider trying Boba Fett at all. It just wasn't what I wanted from a Boba story- I wanted one about his bounty hunting heyday where he's the villain of the piece, hunting some terrified marks. Make an Alien film, but Boba Fett is the Xenomorph. 

You guys can't dampen my spirits. I love seeing an older Ewan stepping back into Kenobi's robes. It may be fan service, buy seeing Luke "podracing" on the house brought a nice smile.

Looking forward to this more than any other Star Wars or Marvel project this year. Ok, maybe equal to Thor.

I’ve really never understood the complaint that you know someone will survive a series. Is that the only reason to tune in, to see if someone dies or not? Like 95% of TV shows wouldn’t have the balls to just off a leading character, it doesn’t make them bad. 

3 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I’ve really never understood the complaint that you know someone will survive a series. Is that the only reason to tune in, to see if someone dies or not?

A show which is selling itself, from its first trailer, on being about baddies hunting for the main character is a bit different to... well, the 95% of shows that aren't about that. 

And it's not even just about him dying: we know exactly where his journey, in the end, has to take him. There's a lot that is locked in before the show even starts. 

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

A show which is selling itself, from its first trailer, on being about baddies hunting for the main character is a bit different to... well, the 95% of shows that aren't about that. 

And it's not even just about him dying: we know exactly where his journey, in the end, has to take him. There's a lot that is locked in before the show even starts. 

A bit like Episodes I, II and III then.

Not sure I feel about this, since you know Ben will be perfectly fine at the end of it, most of the tension is deflated for me. Still it gives me another Star Wars show to watch with my family, so I suppose there's that at least.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Well it seems like there's at least one other Jedi in the mix. Probably more who die early on. If they can get us to care about one or more of them then it can still have stakes. 

Not really. Other Jedi characters? That we've never seen. Who survived Order 66? Well whether we care about them or not, we know they're not surviving this series. Maybe it's more about how Obi-Wan cares, and then not making it effects him...

Archived