Falcon and The Winter Soldier: These Turkish Delights Have Violent Ends (Spoilers)

Corvinus85

15 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

The show also seems to have used up the humorous banter between the protagonists that promised a Lethal Weapon type story.

To be fair, the show does hit some humorous beats. The Dora Milaje fight in Zemo's apartment is pretty hilarious.

'We should do something.'

'Looking strong, John!'

7 hours ago, mormont said:

To be fair, the show does hit some humorous beats. The Dora Milaje fight in Zemo's apartment is pretty hilarious.

'We should do something.'

'Looking strong, John!'

I also liked how Zemo stuck around to finish his whiskey and watch the fight before escaping. 

As soon as Zemo came on screen, I pointed out to my friend how much the guy looks like Tobey Maguire from some angles. Now, whenever I year that ridiculous gruff accent, it's just Tobey-as-Peter Parker, bringing his squeaky voice down 2 octaves and adding the accent.

I don't mind, as it's made all his dialogue pretty hilarious. 

A sense of humour is a very subjective and invididual thing, of course. But if you didn't :lol:at John Walker getting smacked so hard he bounced off that spear, I fear there's no hope for you.

Right, two episodes left, who will wield the Shield by the end of this series?

The trailer & teaser scenes we've yet to see in-episode suggest we may get a shared custody arrangement between Sam and Bucky. The loss of Red Wing was no accident - need to make room for the Shield see.  

If they're not ready to decide then it would be cool if they recover if from John Walker and then leave it with Isaiah for safe keeping.

36 minutes ago, ithanos said:

Right, two episodes left, who will wield the Shield by the end of this series?

The trailer & teaser scenes we've yet to see in-episode suggest we may get a shared custody arrangement between Sam and Bucky. The loss of Red Wing was no accident - need to make room for the Shield see.  

If they're not ready to decide then it would be cool if they recover if from John Walker and then leave it with Isaiah for safe keeping.

I don t think anybody should have the shield.

It is a symbol of what steve represents. taking the shield doesn t transform the user into a new steve. It should be put in a museum to inspire people to be the better version of themselves.

"...and even if they did, no self respecting black man would ever want to be." 

Damn. That was something. Like the USS Indianapolis speech in Jaws it immediately elevated the whole production.  

I like the fact they noted there are different versions of the serum, which is why some people seem stronger than others (Walker doesn't seem to be as strong as Steve, but still stronger than normal humans). I'm also assuming that's why the serum grants some people (Steve) a longer lifespan and others seem to be aging normally.

Also, great to see that actress in the MCU. Apparently they had to keep that secret for a long time.

Spoiler for an upcoming movie:

Spoiler

They had to confirm she's in Black Widow as well.

Probably the best episode since the opener. Totally agree with the above comments - this show is at its best IMO when it's actually taking the time to explore the characters and world, not finding some pretext for more generic superhero fights.

Loved it. After the opening action scene, which was expectedly great, the slow idle while revisiting some loose threads was more than welcome. Can't wait for next week.

Regarding the credits scene...

Spoiler

Damn, whatever material that's fashioned out of, not being vibranium, its going to kill whoever it gets slung at and not bounce back.

3 minutes ago, ithanos said:

Loved it. After the opening action scene, which was expectedly great, the slow idle while revisiting some loose threads was more than welcome. Can't wait for next week.

Regarding the credits scene...

Hide contents

Damn, whatever material that's fashioned out of, not being vibranium, its going to kill whoever it gets slung at and not bounce back.

Good thing you mentioned this because I 100% was not aware that there's a post credits scene, damn these things are annoying.

16 minutes ago, Poobah said:

Good thing you mentioned this because I 100% was not aware that there's a post credits scene, damn these things are annoying.

Same.

The physics of the shield during that training montage just baffle me, that thing bounces off the padding like rubber instead of cutting it in half lol

Otherwise, I'm with you guys, that was the best episode in a while.  I said early on in the show that I liked how it gave us time to meet Sam and Bucky as actual characters.  This episode had that in spades.  Sam is always believable in his PTSD mentor role and you could see it with John early on and then later with Bucky.

Archived