DC Cinematic Universe: Re-Reboot in Progress

Myrddin

I enjoyed Titans, but I'm not sad it'll be ending. Some shows don't need to run umteen seasons. I'm way behind on Doom Patrol, though. 

Regardless, I'm glad they're coming back for final seasons, not just canceled between installments. (Hopefully they have time to make the last episodes "finales" as I'm sure they weren't written or shot to be).

On 1/6/2023 at 12:41 AM, Heartofice said:

How can any movie with Miller attached get made? Are they going to digitally erase him? Start again? 

Can we start calling this the 'Spacing Effect', in "honor" of Kevin Spacey?

23 hours ago, Myrddin said:

I enjoyed Titans, but I'm not sad it'll be ending. Some shows don't need to run umteen seasons. I'm way behind on Doom Patrol, though. 

Regardless, I'm glad they're coming back for final seasons, not just canceled between installments. (Hopefully they have time to make the last episodes "finales" as I'm sure they weren't written or shot to be).

They’re not coming back. This announcement comes as the final seasons have are airing.   Possibly some opportunity to reshoot for some closure if the creative teams didn’t already see the writing on the wall. 

the whole Discovery+ thing is such a gargantuan ball of suck. 

There's a lot you can read into that response that may or not mean what you think.

Pfizer is a danger because vaccine are bad?

Pfizer is a danger because they've announced that they're going to up charge vaccines now?

Pfizer is a danger because they're setting up a self-perpetuating market by pushing boosters as being necessary?

I have no desire to debate any of these possible views. Just willing to give Levi a break until he clarifies (or not) his personal views.

Levi apparently linked to the DoJ's anti-trust suit in a follow-up after people made the assumption, citing it as an example of why he thinks Pfizer is bad. At the same time, I don't think he's specifically ever said anything about vaccines, pro- or con-, and it's worth remembering that wealthy celebrities holding silly views is nothing new (Jenny McCarthy was leading the "Vaccines cause autism" crusade years before Covid, Letitia Wright has spoken out against Covid vaccines, etc.). So his example could be a deflection.

I got 4 or 5 of those Pfizer shots............sorry, starting to lose track at this point, it's been a long pandemic. Long story short, I got them and nearly my entire family got them and we're all in great health. Heck I run 9 miles most days. Levi sounds like a crazy person.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

I got 4 or 5 of those Pfizer shots............sorry, starting to lose track at this point, it's been a long pandemic. Long story short, I got them and nearly my entire family got them and we're all in great health. Heck I run 9 miles most days. Levi sounds like a crazy person.

I got a smorgasbord of shots over the last year and a half. AZ, Moderna, Pfizer; I tasted them all. The night terrors are almost over and pretty soon my asshole will stop talking back. 

43 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Tactic to get the anti-vaxxer to go see his movie?

So, 10% of CBM movie fans? A month after seeing the movie: 8.5%?  That there's a recipe for box office gold!

Vaxed and boosted here too. Pharmaceutical companies need to fund research for next gen medicines, but I also question some of their pricing strategies.

In just seven replies here to Levi's tweet, we have a myriad of opinions. Let's not hang Chuck out to dry over two words + emote. 

2 hours ago, Myrddin said:

In just seven replies here to Levi's tweet, we have a myriad of opinions. Let's not hang Chuck out to dry over two words + emote. 

Yea but nobody could be unaware of the implications of such a tweet, there’s no reason he couldn’t have followed up with ‘by the way I’m not anti-vax’ or some such. Or just … waited a few months for his film to come out.

Quite the whimper the old DCCU is  going out on.

On 1/30/2023 at 12:33 AM, polishgenius said:

Pretty certain I'll be at least entertained by this. Much like the first one. 

This induced such a profound sense of "meh" from me that it felt like I was watching a movie starring Dwayne Johnson.

Archived