Big Tech Twits Get Dumber and Corrupter!

Zorral

4 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

So elon musk, free speech absolutist has designated  using cisgender as a slur worthy of suspension 

If it's in the form of repeated targeted harassment then yes, otherwise you can use the word all you like. Do you have a problem with this? Do you think repeated targeted harassment is ok if its towards people you disagree with? (I know your actual answer to this)

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

If it's in the form of repeated targeted harassment then yes, otherwise you can use the word all you like.

“The words “cis” or “cisgender” are considered slurs on this platform.“

Anyway I never got your thoughts on elon letting back the founder of stormfront, saying a nazi mass shooter was a psyop and censoring Erogen’s political opponents 

Do you Care to comment about that?

Oh do you think cis is a slur just as you think terf is a slur?  If you say yes I warn you I will laugh. 

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Do you think repeated targeted harassment is ok if its towards people you disagree with? (I know your actual answer to this)

Sigh, this faux moral indignation is amusing. Thank you.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

53 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

It's clearly not a slur per se, however if its being used in an offensive or harassing way its not ok.  

That’s understandable—elon isn’t taking your principled stance of using any particular word to harass someone on his platform being cause for censor.

He’s just being his usual far-right shit stirrer self. 

It's just Musk being foolish again. It's not an enforceable policy, just public posturing, and will be quietly ignored.

Also, if someone has not responded to you, please do not bring that up later. It's not good board etiquette. Nobody owes you a response to anything you post here.

7 minutes ago, mormont said:

It's just Musk being foolish again. It's not an enforceable policy, just public posturing, and will be quietly ignored.

Also, if someone has not responded to you, please do not bring that up later. It's not good board etiquette. Nobody owes you a response to anything you post here.

I duly apologize and thank you for your reprimand you’re right no one here owes me a response.

I would disagree with on it being unenforceable, presumably it can be enforced the same way bans on other slurs get enforced or at least used to lol

33 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Sigh, this faux moral indignation is amusing. Thank you.

No it's a genuine question.  You seem to want to ignore the part Musk makes about repeated and targeted harassment. His dislike is the term CIS, which is a silly term IMO is not the point. 

35 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Oh do you think cis is a slur just as you think terf is a slur?  If you say yes I warn you I will laugh. 

This is just weird. Do you never think that terf has been used as a slur?

6 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

So elon musk, free speech absolutist has designated  using cisgender as a slur worthy of suspension 

What an absolute fool. He has also been promoting RFK and his complete and utter lunacy. Elmo and his supporters are driving towards full mask off lately. 

Quite often you will see a trans person say something like “In the UK 25% of trans people are homeless at one point in their lives vs only 0.4% of cis people” and the top reply will be “cis is a slur” from @ILuvJKR1488, followed by 25 people engaged in a multi-hour long argument about the dictionary definition of the word cis. If you get involved in this argument you may well feel like you absolutely humiliated that anonymous idiot, but they managed to get you to talk about something absolutely nonsense that they don’t believe in, for hours, rather than talking about transphobia causing homelessness. I’m not saying humiliating idiots is a bad thing - it can help community morale, it can help you formulate arguments in your mind, it can show losers that they can’t do this without pushback. But you aren’t changing minds or even really educating passers by because no one believes it and it’s trivially stupid.

Edited by Week

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

No it's a genuine question.  You seem to want to ignore the part Musk makes about repeated and targeted harassment. His dislike is the term CIS, which is a silly term IMO is not the point. 

I highly doubt it's worse than the repeated and targeted harassment trans people face. 

3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

His dislike is the term CIS, which is a silly

Omg silly? 
Musk isn’t arguing it’s a silly a silly term he’s arguing repeatedly bluntly it’s by default a slur same as the f-slur or n-word
Do you agree with him? 

Why do you think cis is silly?

3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

This is just weird. Do you never think that terf has been used as a slur?

No, it’s a genuinely silly notion meant to shut down criticism I think no more valid than racist or conservative is a slur.

But let's ignore that because it's not even relevant. The problem with targeted harassment is solved by banning... Targeted harassment. Not claiming a word being used by the harassers is a slur when it's not and banning that.

It's a simple description using the same construction as transgender with the cis/trans pairing used without controversy in a bunch of different areas including chemistry and geography. 

ETA: First part was meant to be saying Ty is correct but we don't even need to get into that but failed to quote 

Edited by karaddin

Is it any surprise that Apartheid Andy is only a 'free speech absolutist' when it comes to things that he agrees with and/or doesn't bruise his fragile snowflake ego?

Cis/Cisgender are slurs but antisemitic nazi propaganda videos appear to be A-Ok. Not targeted harassment at all!

14 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

No, it’s a genuinely silly notion meant to shut down criticism I think no more valid than racist or conservative is a slur.

Ok so I'll just take it that you think that Terf has never been used as a slur ever if you don't want to answer the question. Thanks.

1 hour ago, baxus said:

Yeah, saying "the other side" doesn't believe their arguments and that their arguments are trivially stupid is a great way to have a debate.

Yes, reactionary trolls ("the other side") in this "debate" are not looking for a good faith debate. So, it is a great way to avoid wasting time.

8 minutes ago, Week said:

Yes, reactionary trolls ("the other side") in this "debate" are not looking for a good faith debate. So, it is a great way to avoid wasting time.

Maybe Elon Musk isn't but it's hard to argue Heartofice isn't when he's unfailing polite and significantly more moderate on these issues then the Republican party. They idea that he couldn't possibly believe what he says when millions of people believe just that is just willful blindness.