The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need, or Even Want, a Thread. #6

LongRider

Ten years of random and often debilitating stomach issues, inclusive of two colonoscopies (I'm 30!), many trial diets, multiple primary care doctors and gastroenterologists, and handwavey blame of stress causing IBS has culminated incredibly anticlimactically with a short, impersonal note at 11 pm on a holiday from my new primary care doctor that recent lab work indicates I'm positive for celiacs disease and to schedule a gastroenterologist appointment. 

That's it. No advice, no further information, nothing to mark this as a major diagnosis that both validates and invalidates simultaneously the issues I've been experiencing for over a decade. 

Bizarre and anticlimactic and kinda funny, and also frankly infuriating to think no one thought to order this test years ago :dunno: that's life I guess!

We have 40 sausages in the freezer (my absolute favourite ones were on offer), my wife just called me to ask where they were because she couldn't find them.  Do you know how bad you have to be at searching to not be able to find 40 sausages in a freezer?

How many types of sausages do you eat that you have ‘absolute favourite ones’? Like I probably only buy one brand (superquinn sausages sold through Musgraves), and I would struggle to name 3 other brands, let alone have definite opinions on them?

also, obvious question, what are they?

Britney Spears with the most tone deaf quote of the year so far, she was assaulted (allegedly) by a basketball players security guard when she approached him (which i am not saying is ok). 

Spears said she wanted "to urge people in the public eye to set an example" and thanked the Las Vegas Police Department for its support.

Maybe don't approach people in the public eye then Britney, and let them just enjoy their fucking dinner, as you would presumably like people not to bother you. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

19 hours ago, Deedles said:

How many types of sausages do you eat that you have ‘absolute favourite ones’? Like I probably only buy one brand (superquinn sausages sold through Musgraves), and I would struggle to name 3 other brands, let alone have definite opinions on them?

also, obvious question, what are they?

why you so interested in my sausage?

i've eaten lots of different types of sausage, now i have settled on my favourite, but i'm not telling you, go and develop your own sausagey opinions. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

Today is Partner's birthday.  A beautiful party and dinner was organized uptown for late afternoon into the evening and night.  But ... hmmm ... the medical procedure, which went all very well and successfully, however, has left him not feeling up to it.  So, here we are on this hot summer night, at home, in our chilled apartment  S

:crying:

Nevertheless, it is time to heat the oven for lava chocolate birthday cake, with ice cream.  Dinner was some fine tacos, if I say it myself, since I made them.  He loves tacos even more than lava chocolate cake.

I wonder who the 'BBC presenter' is.

Regardless of who it is, I'm wondering what the crime was here. By all accounts the person sending photos was seventeen.

But, as Philip Schofield has learnt, once the British public decide you're a nonce, you're finished. Unless you're Prince Andrew, of course.

Edited by Spockydog

16 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Regardless of who it is, I'm wondering what the crime was here. By all accounts the person sending photos was seventeen.

But, as Philip Schofield has learnt, once the British public decide you're a nonce, you're finished. Unless you're Prince Andrew, of course.

I think 17 is when the presenter started paying; it may have preceded that. 
The Sun is being hypocritical going on about it, as it wasn’t so long ago they not only printed topless pictures of 16 year olds on page 3, but printed clothes pictureS of them at 15 and ran a countdown , apparently 

57 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Er, pretty sure that's a crime.

6 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Colour me educated.

Me too. Had no idea it was eighteen not sixteen for photos. 

Media still seems very OTT about it, unless there's worse stuff we don't know about. 

13 hours ago, Spockydog said:

What are you guys talking about?

17 hours ago, Madame deVenoge said:

I am continually fascinated by the amazing powers of Oxi-Clean, which is currently getting my hair dye out of The Doctor’s white t-shirt.

I have sunscreen in white linen trousers. While we have laundry facilities on hols, I’m keeping them for home to utilise a good biological washing detergent (don’t want to set the stain)

While researching submarine for my next book, I was surprised to learn that in naval warfare, there has only been one acknowledged instance of a submarine sinking another submarine in battle while both submerged. It was during WW2. Hollywood acts like it was all the time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of_U-864

7 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

While researching submarine for my next book, I was surprised to learn that in naval warfare, there has only been one acknowledged instance of a submarine sinking another submarine in battle while both submerged. It was during WW2. Hollywood acts like it was all the time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of_U-864

Interesting. Was that because of massive German U-boat superiority? Why haven't there been more submarine battles