US politics: Trumpenslammer

IheartIheartTesla

18 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

edit: should qualify this by stating I have little interest in UFO’s, beyond their confronting me with not being as open-minded as I think I am. Imo the logical conclusion in an ~ infinite universe is intelligent life of varying degrees, that’s my general belief, but every time I am presented with a purported example I pretty automatically assume it’s false. 

See what you think of this:

He says these tic-tac objects had been coming straight down from 80,000 feet (which, he helpfully clarifies, is in space), hang around for a few hours, before shooting straight back up. This had been going on for days.

I find his testimony extremely compelling. If he's lying, why? And presumably, lying to Congress in this fashion is a criminal offence.

Edited by Spockydog

4 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Was hoping for a few more months to get into shape and laser off all my body hair so I can look hot for the aliens when they show up to take over.  Oh well.  

Always wondered whether if I could fit this one into a conversation at some point...

6 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Was hoping for a few more months to get into shape and laser off all my body hair so I can look hot for the aliens when they show up to take over.  Oh well.  

Wait..have they landed and I missed the announcement?

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

He says these tic-tac objects were coming straight down from 80,000 feet (which, he helpfully clarifies, is in space), hang around for a few hours, before shooting straight back up.

I find his testimony extremely compelling. If he's lying, why? And presumably, lying to Congress in this fashion is a criminal offence.

Right, I am saying…with the very huge caveat that I have no idea who this guy is or how credible he is supposed to be, nor indeed how qualified…that this seems like a big deal to me. I was just stating my own context, which involves ignorance and an internal contradiction between how I think and how I think I think. 

Ret. Commander Fravor was speaking so quickly I didn't hear whether the "tic-tac" shaped objects were the size of a tic-tac or just shaped like them.  

They sound pretty cool, but I'm not convinced yet.  When Klaatu comes down with a big-ass robot and shuts down all the power, I'll reconsider.  

I don't know anything abut Fravor or his credibility. But Grusch has made some pretty extraordinary claims (I dunno if he's gotten into them in this hearing). Basically how there was an alien crash in Mussolini's Italy in the '30s (which apparently he and/or the Nazis kept quiet) and then in 1944 the Vatican helped the US obtain possession of the wreckage.

Which, I mean, maybe. But that seems like some real crazy conspiracy stuff. Two conspiracies actually (at least) and nothing got out about either one until now. Whereas, actual end-of-WWII conspiracies, like Operation Paperclip, became public knowledge by the 1950s.

Look, I've seen video interviews of the doctors from Parkland Hospital who examined JFK after he was shot. They each, without exception, say the back of his head was missing. This directly contradicts the official autopsy and the findings of the Warren Commission.

We see what they want us to see.

Edited by Spockydog

23 minutes ago, Fez said:

I don't know anything abut Fravor or his credibility. But Grusch has made some pretty extraordinary claims (I dunno if he's gotten into them in this hearing). Basically how there was an alien crash in Mussolini's Italy in the '30s (which apparently he and/or the Nazis kept quiet) and then in 1944 the Vatican helped the US obtain possession of the wreckage.

Which, I mean, maybe. But that seems like some real crazy conspiracy stuff. Two conspiracies actually (at least) and nothing got out about either one until now. Whereas, actual end-of-WWII conspiracies, like Operation Paperclip, became public knowledge by the 1950s.

I'm pretty sure it's Kang.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Gotta be honest, I had not heard that they had recovered ‘non-human biological matter’ from crashed UFOs. I didn’t even know about this hearing until just now. Aside from semantics this does seem like a big deal unless the guy testifying is known to be a nutter/liar/fantasist. At the risk of revealing more ignorance, why is her question unreasonable? 

edit: should qualify this by stating I have little interest in UFO’s, beyond their confronting me with not being as open-minded as I think I am. Imo the logical conclusion in an ~ infinite universe is intelligent life of varying degrees, that’s my general belief, but every time I am presented with a purported example I pretty automatically assume it’s false. 

The belief in life beyond Earth’s biosphere is not the same as asserting such life is traveling to Earth from places light years away from our Planet.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

He says these tic-tac objects had been coming straight down from 80,000 feet (which, he helpfully clarifies, is in space), hang around for a few hours, before shooting straight back up. This had been going on for days.

Running into weird experimental tech doesn’t make that tech extraterrestrial.

57 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Running into weird experimental tech doesn’t make that tech extraterrestrial.

What about the non-human biologicals? You think the guy is lying? If so, to what end? 

It's all pretty wild. 

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

What about the non-human biologicals? You think the guy is lying? If so, to what end? 

It's all pretty wild. 

I mean, nonhuman biological can simply mean things like tardigrades. 

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Look, I've seen video interviews of the doctors from Parkland Hospital who examined JFK after he was shot. They each, without exception, say the back of his head was missing. This directly contradicts the official autopsy and the findings of the Warren Commission.

We see what they want us to see.

The thing I've always found curious about the JFK assassination is the condition of the bullet that killed him. The thing looked like it had never been shot despite despite breaking several bones. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The thing I've always found curious about the JFK assassination is the condition of the bullet that killed him. The thing looked like it had never been shot despite despite breaking several bones. 

Obviously the soft lizard person bones are no match for superior human bullets.

35 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Breaking news-

A section of the upper boom on a NYC tower crane just dramatically toppled in Manhattan near the Lincoln tunnel. Video shows it careening againt another highrise and plunging all the way to the streets.

Scary stuff.

Those fucking aliens strike again...