MCU - This Thread Wasn’t Made For You

DaveSumm

Yeah, he didn't necessarily want to die but dying was a fine second alternative to just retiring. But he did want the TVA looked after, because he still clearly thought it needed to be in place, so engineering a direct replacement if the Lokis did kill him makes sense. 

That also means I'm pretty positive Timely isn't the original HWR Kang- it's not impossible, that might be why they introduced the concept of timeslipping in the TVA, to allow him to go back along the meta-timeline which he wouldn't otherwise be able to do, but it makes more sense to me as an 'I'm out but I'll make sure the place is looked after' gamble. 

13 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Yeah, he didn't necessarily want to die but dying was a fine second alternative to just retiring. But he did want the TVA looked after, because he still clearly thought it needed to be in place, so engineering a direct replacement if the Lokis did kill him makes sense. 

That also means I'm pretty positive Timely isn't the original HWR Kang- it's not impossible, that might be why they introduced the concept of timeslipping in the TVA, to allow him to go back along the meta-timeline which he wouldn't otherwise be able to do, but it makes more sense to me as an 'I'm out but I'll make sure the place is looked after' gamble. 

I agree, HWR's letting the Loki's kill him was plan B, which he was perfectly fine with. As stated he lived a long life and was growing tired after looking after the one true timeline, for so long.

Edited by sifth

Caught up to the end of episode three by watching in twenty minute instalments. Contrary to general sentiment, I prefer Majors's performance as Timely – it feels more reactive and connected – though his stammer-avoidance pattern seems to be a bit off. I can't work out which sound is meant to be causing him trouble. If it turns out the stammer is an affectation, then that's some seriously good work from Majors, but I don't think it is.

As He Who Remains, he seemed to be doing a piece of theatre acting -- the sprawling over the table, for example. Plus his meeting with the Lokis seemed to go on forever and involved lots of him speechifying/delivering exposition. 

Edited by dog-days

Better episode than the previous, mainly because it connected to the 1st episode. I did not expect that we would get all that future stuff done and resolved with 2 more episodes to go. I have no idea where this show is going at this point, but I'm here for the ride, wonky as it may be.

6 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Better episode than the previous

No, worse, I’m afraid. We’re back to the same old running around the same old sets, explaining the plot and the stakes out loud, fiddling with McGuffins in ever decreasing circles.

It all feels very small and claustrophobic for a series about the destruction of entire timelines, set in a vast city complex at the heart of time that has like six rooms. It needs room to breathe. It’s not awful, and it has charm, but it’s very far below the first series, which felt fresh and clever. 

2 hours ago, mormont said:

No, worse, I’m afraid. We’re back to the same old running around the same old sets, explaining the plot and the stakes out loud, fiddling with McGuffins in ever decreasing circles.

"Time is a flat circle."

"Would you stop saying weird shit like that?"

I did probably prefer this episode to the last , but I also think that the show should have moved further on than it has given it’s 4 episodes in. If the scope of this season doesn’t move far beyond the TVA and the time collapse thing then it’s going to feel all quite a bunch of nothing

Am I remembering things correctly, did the Loki who saw Sylvie get out of the elevator in episode one get killed with the death stick thing? Or was that a change that slightly-older-Loki initiated? If it was the same, how did that Loki get back to his present? 

6 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Am I remembering things correctly, did the Loki who saw Sylvie get out of the elevator in episode one get killed with the death stick thing? Or was that a change that slightly-older-Loki initiated? If it was the same, how did that Loki get back to his present? 

Right.  Something else is going on that we don't know yet...

13 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

That was how OB fixed Loki’s time-skipping problem in episode 1 - he had to prune himself so he could get pulled out of the loom or something but he lost his pruning stick so older Loki had to do it.

Yup that ^ 

We didn't see who did it back in ep1 and Loki only realized he needed to do it as he was walking up behind ep1!Loki. I was a bit confused why Loki was suddenly holding the device from the 1st ep that was showing him if it was still OK to do it or not, but that was the signal that it was ep1!Loki.

14 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Yup that ^ 

We didn't see who did it back in ep1 and Loki only realized he needed to do it as he was walking up behind ep1!Loki. I was a bit confused why Loki was suddenly holding the device from the 1st ep that was showing him if it was still OK to do it or not, but that was the signal that it was ep1!Loki.

Yes and he didn’t have on the jacket that ep4 Loki was wearing either.

Marvel hires Punisher writer/EP for Daredevil: Born Again

The decision to hire Scardapane as a showrunner, rather than filling the title of head writer that Marvel has been using for its Disney+ series, demonstrates how its studio has shifted their thinking in their approach to producing television. To this point, Marvel had used a feature film model for Disney+, empowering directors and Marvel executives to oversee shows while head writers were given dominion only over the scripts. Moving forward, however, insiders indicate Marvel Studios intends to adopt the traditional showrunner model for making TV.

Edited by SpaceChampion

13 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

On the face of it, a lot of this seems quite promising, in that Marvel Disney seem to be at least trying to understand where they were going wrong and trying to fix it. It always felt like strategic level decisions were screwing the creative voices and maybe this will help. 

Still, I'm not very confident for Daredevil, how can they possibly salvage such a huge turn around in direction. How do they keep any of that footage and make it work without it seeming incredibly jarring?