Star Wars: You Must Be Over 18 (Midichlorians) To Enter

DaveSumm

2 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Looks like the Lando show is being upgraded to a movie.

After seeing how Kenobi got messed up being turned into a show, I think this is good news.

Though Ashoka has had better production values than most Star Wars shows (not including Andor).

Not sure how much appeal this will have at the box office either….far less than an Obiwan movie would’ve had. Weird choices.

58 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Not sure how much appeal this will have at the box office either….far less than an Obiwan movie would’ve had. Weird choices.

Depends.

Is Glover involved creatively? Dude showed some genius with Atlanta, imo.

7 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

It might be a movie on Disney+. Many of these ‘limited series’ that Disney do are just bloated movies that have nothing to say, so cutting it down by a few hours is probably a good thing

18 hours ago, Heartofice said:

It might be a movie on Disney+. Many of these ‘limited series’ that Disney do are just bloated movies that have nothing to say, so cutting it down by a few hours is probably a good thing

Sad days bro, when a Star Wars film has just become content filler for a streaming platform. I remember when a new Star Wars film was an actual event like taking a travel vacation :(  They should release the films only once in 15 years to keep it special but i know I’m being delusional.  I’m just happy Lucas retained creative control of the franchise as long as he did, Had Fox gotten the film sequel rights from the get go, they would’ve wiped out SW much earlier. 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

5 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Nothing will ever live up to your childhood nostalgia of the OT my friend, no matter how good,time to accept that. 

Pot meet kettle with regard to your love for Jar Jar Binks.

;) 

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Pot meet kettle with regard to your love for Jar Jar Binks.

;) 

I never said I loved that character in particular,  I just said I loved the prequels, there’s a difference. Would you like the movies if they didn’t have Jar Jar ? Why judge and shit on the entire trilogy just on that one character by bringing him up as a negative again and again, there’s a lot to love in those films (and dislike) One should acknowledge the good and the bad and not just be negative on them overall only. 

6 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Sad days bro, when a Star Wars film has just become content filler for a steaming platform. I remember when a new Star Wars film was an actual event like taking a travel vacation :(  They should release the films only once in 15 years to keep it special but i know I’m being delusional.  I’m just happy Lucas retained creative control of the franchise as long as he did, Had Fox gotten the film sequel rights from the get go, they would’ve wiped out SW much earlier. 

I read this in Alec Guinness's voice. Before the dark times, before Disney. :P

Complaining that there's too much SW content is not an emotion I can feel. Sorry, not sorry.

The Lando movie, I imagine, is a situation where Donald Glover got fed up with it being in development hell and persuaded Disney to let him do it himself. He has the chops: he was the showrunner and producer on four seasons of an award winning TV show, after all. I'm not convinced it won't be a theatre release: Disney have taken bigger gambles.

6 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Why judge and shit on the entire trilogy just on that one character by bringing him up as a negative again and again, there’s a lot to love in those films (and dislike) One should acknowledge the good and the bad and not just be negative on them overall only. 

I’m happy to justify my negative take with these films because there is so precious little positive about them. They are, overall, terrible.

Jar Jar specifically, I think I agree with the Cosmonaut review I posted some threads back, I think Phantom Menace would be worse without him. He’s annoying, borderline racist, there to sell toys, but FUCK the movie would just be so lifeless and dull without him. At least he’s trying to emote something. Not like every other cast member who just flatly tells some other characters where the plot’s going to go next. 

4 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I’m happy to justify my negative take with these films because there is so precious little positive about them. They are, overall, terrible.

Jar Jar specifically, I think I agree with the Cosmonaut review I posted some threads back, I think Phantom Menace would be worse without him. He’s annoying, borderline racist, there to sell toys, but FUCK the movie would just be so lifeless and dull without him. At least he’s trying to emote something. Not like every other cast member who just flatly tells some other characters where the plot’s going to go next. 

I agree with you.  I am one of the rare people who really doesn’t have a problem with Jar Jar Binks.  He’s supposed to be a stupid comedic side character.  He’s so over the top ridiculous and absurd, I actually find him kind of funny.

I also don’t really care about midichlorians, which many people find sacrilegious to the franchise.

With that being said, TPM is a mediocre movie, but still better than AOTC, and certainly better than any of the garbage in the sequel trilogy.

7 hours ago, mormont said:

Complaining that there's too much SW content is not an emotion I can feel. Sorry, not sorry.

Is this due to having lived through the quiet 90s when there wasn't much Star Wars stuff aside from Bantam books and the occasional videogame like Rebel Assault and Dark Forces II? 

37 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

The 90s were the golden time of SW content for me chiefly due to those amazing dark horse comics of the old republic…used to read those in my school library all the time

The ancient Jedi stuff was interesting… it just seemed a little… thematically random for my taste.

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The ancient Jedi stuff was interesting… it just seemed a little… thematically random for my taste.

They portrayed Jedi very differently before the prequels came out and established the Rusaan Reformation, with them being able to love and get married and the republic actually having a capable military. I enjoyed that aspect of them. My head-canon still considers them to be legit over the new Disney  EU canon for sure. Loved all the stories about Uliq, Exar Kun,Freedon Nadd etc

13 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

It’s an interesting thought. I think it highlights just how much the tone of the prequels is a problem and that Lucas got that element really wrong. Trying to balance political intrigue with poo jokes and funny flubbery aliens was a recipe for disaster and he never found a balance. Is it a movie for kids or adults? It’s neither, not both. 

15 hours ago, mormont said:

I mean, if you are happy to be served any old plate of garbage because it’s got a SW logo on it then that’s up to you. You can’t have too much of a good thing, but when so much of it is bad then I’d say complaining is pretty reasonable 

Edited by Heartofice

16 hours ago, mormont said:

Complaining that there's too much SW content is not an emotion I can feel. Sorry, not sorry..

It’s because of fanboy attitudes like this that Disney has been able to get away making hot garbage and still making money cause people like Mormont will still consume it all , thereby providing them with no incentives for improving their SW content. Vote with your wallets people ! 

3 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

It’s because of fanboy attitudes like this that Disney has been able to get away making hot garbage and still making money cause people like Mormont will still consume it all , thereby providing them with no incentives for improving their SW content. Vote with your wallets people ! 

There is also the argument that more SW crap makes what came before worse. That can sometimes be the case. My enthusiasm for the OT fell away incredibly rapidly after the prequels came out and then almost died after the ST. 

If you make something good then I’ll get more excited for the franchise. After Andor I went back and watched Rogue One and loved it, I then went to watch Clone Wars because I was so buzzing again. But clone wars wrecked my buzz, then latest Mando killed it stone dead. I couldn’t last 10 minutes of Ashoka because I simply don’t care any more