Star Wars - PTTSD

DaveSumm

7 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Or just skip a few hundred years ahead and finally leave Rebels Vs Empire timeline in the dust which has been done to death….

This is the way.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Nomi Sunrider or GTFO.

While I really loved that story growing up, the theme of Ulics fall and redemption is ground already covered. Something set in the future would be more exciting and new but I doubt they have the balls to do it…

You guys remember The Ninth Jedi from the Star Wars visions show ? That’s a great example of one possible way of going a future story set hundreds of years later, I wouldn’t mind if they canonise that itself. 

2 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

My preference would have been to have jumped a 1000 years into thr future with the sequel trilogy. Wpuld have left thr EU intact for those who liked it. 

Have Luke/Leia appear as force ghosts.

There a Legends Star Wars Dark Horse comic series that kinda did that - it was set about 150 years after the Battle of Yavin IV, and has the Skywalkers appear as force ghosts to our protagonist (who himself is the descendant of one of them), its called Star Wars: Legacy- its quite decent. 

I'll never understand why they didn't cherry pick the best parts of the old EU into a more streamlined sequels series. 

Hello? You're looking for a Boss Lady Imperial character? Dalaa is begging to be punched up (maybe less Tarkin idolizing) and repackaged as Charlize Theron! 

15 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

I'll never understand why they didn't cherry pick the best parts of the old EU into a more streamlined sequels series. 

Hello? You're looking for a Boss Lady Imperial character? Dalaa is begging to be punched up (maybe less Tarkin idolizing) and repackaged as Charlize Theron! 

Kinda what Filoni is doing with his various shows isn’t it?

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Kinda what Filoni is doing with his various shows isn’t it?

I wouldn't know. Is that who is doing the Ashoka stuff? I know they finally brought Thrawn out of mothballs buy honestly it feels too late. 

3 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

I wouldn't know. Is that who is doing the Ashoka stuff? I know they finally brought Thrawn out of mothballs buy honestly it feels too late. 

Filoni introduced Thrawn in Star Wars Rebels. They even brought Zahn to write new in-canon books. There are other EU nuggets that Filoni used in The Clone Wars, Rebels, and The Mandalorian, and now Ahsoka.

11 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Loki in Star Wars would be a good idea

The cross over we truly need for the Multiverse Saga. 

Kang: I am the Conqueror. I have a legion of me.

Loki: About that. We have a sith.

Vader (looks at the field of Kangs): I see only a dead man. And his dead clones.

Edited by Myrddin

I'm not a big fan of Filoni's stuff like, but he clearly (1) loves Star Wars and (2) has a great imagination for story ideas. So the success or not of this depends on whether he can think up and commission great ideas but then have the ability to hand over enough creative control to other, potentially better, creators. I think there's a decent chance this works out.