Marvel: The Echo of Profitability

Rhom

So, does that mean that Vanessa, Dopinder and the rest of the original cast only appear briefly in the prologue? That would make sense probably, but I'd be disappointed. 

Trailer is ok...ish, but I still have high hopes for this movie.

6 hours ago, polishgenius said:

You can't 'told you so' about something before it happens, but also Guardians 3 made loads of money and people still talked about the death of Marvel.

I mean when GotG vol 3 is followed by Secret Wars and The Marvels, I can't blame them. The former was extremely unpopular and the latter was the lowest grossing film in the history of the MCU.

'The Death of Marvel' is a distinct possibility in terms of the MCU, it just needs a few more bombs and I'm sure they will ramp down significantly. It will never truly die because the merchandising opportunities for things like Avengers and Spidey are just too massive, but maybe they can maintain those revenue streams whilst not really releasing loads of content each year.

Which reminds me, it feels like Disney+ has had about two things added to it this year, it's release schedule is so slow. If it keeps this up, there seems little need to keep it. 

10 hours ago, polishgenius said:

You can't 'told you so' about something before it happens, but also Guardians 3 made loads of money and people still talked about the death of Marvel.

Because the occasional box office success isn't enough to reverse a trend. 

4 hours ago, sifth said:

I mean when GotG vol 3 is followed by Secret Wars and The Marvels, I can't blame them. The former was extremely unpopular and the latter was the lowest grossing film in the history of the MCU.

"Massive bomb". The term you're looking for is, "massive bomb". We're talking Green Lantern / John Carter territory. 

For a superhero team-up movie, apparently there is no actual team-up in Madame Web where they all use spider powers.  All the bait and switch shots in the trailer of the various spider-women in costume are from a few minutes of flashforwards.

Fun fact:  The director S. J. Clarkson also directed the Blood Moon GOT spinoff.

Edited by SpaceChampion

6 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Also the moment they make another Spider-Man film with Holland and Zendaya it’s gonna make a billion dollars . I’m not even a marvel fan and I can confidently say this 

Spider Man and Batman, are sort of the ringers, when it comes to comic book films. They're very hard to fail, because everyone loves those two characters.

Wrapped up Echo and agree with the good points others have mentioned for the most part.  Nice to highlight the Choctaw culture and even took a couple tongue in cheek shots at westerners fetishizing it. 

That said, this one does really highlight a reoccurring theme with superhero shows/movies- mass murderers are given the opportunity to see the light and receive redemption without any serious long term consequences.  The difference between the 'heroes' and the 'villains' is that the former only relapse on occasion for the 'greater good', whereas the later relapse immediately. Petty henchmen however should be eliminated with impunity and without a moment of remorse. Somehow remembering your ancestors makes it OK that there are hundreds or thousands of lives shattered by your actions... and also remove any criminal evidence and outstanding warrants for your arrest! :D

Edited by horangi

23 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

For a superhero team-up movie, apparently there is no actual team-up in Madame Web where they all use spider powers.  All the bait and switch shots in the trailer of the various spider-women in costume are from a few minutes of flashforwards.

Fun fact:  The director S. J. Clarkson also directed the Blood Moon GOT spinoff.

its getting absolutely brutalised in the reviews.  

Apparently, Thing is reading the Life issue from December 13, 1963.

So... will it all be set in the past or will they time warp to the near present (and buy the Avenger Tower)? 

*Life magazine connection found on Reddit. I'm not dedicated enough to track down that info.

4 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Apparently, Thing is reading the Life issue from December 13, 1963.

So... will it all be set in the past or will they time warp to the near present (and buy the Avenger Tower)?

Howard or Tony probably bought the building from them, or whoever they leased it from.

It's probably justified to assume that they can live extremely long lives thanks to their mutations. But it's less justified regarding where they were during all the big MCU events, unless they are going to be introduced from another universe, like Deadpool. So time travel is a reasonable assumption.

20 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

It's probably justified to assume that they can live extremely long lives thanks to their mutations. But it's less justified regarding where they were during all the big MCU events, unless they are going to be introduced from another universe, like Deadpool. So time travel is a reasonable assumption.

Another option is that whatever events they did in the 60s ended sending them to the present day. Which I know is a retread of Cap, but Marvel would have like zero problems with that.

So they are half-way done creating a GOOD Fantastic Four movie. The hard part is to finally nail Dr. Doom and yes, they do need to try again. Doom is the best Marvel villain and was basically the main character of the orginal Secret Wars. If they want to nail the casting, they need to make him an evil Tony Stark. Doom is brilliant, elegant, and POWERFUL. Not only did he have the suit but had become a powerful sorcerer as he had tried to free his mother from Mephisto's Hell.