Dating Thread: In Memoriam

5 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Well, my dad used to say: when you have to brake, you can't drive.

I hate to brake it to you (see what I did) but your dad is full of shit.

The amount of crap ive had to clean up because of small dick boy racing wankers makes me hate them. Not once has it been a female driver.  

Most people can't drive for shit, but at least they are aware, boy racers are the worst drivers but assume that because they are brave/stupid/drive fast they are amazing. 

People bragging about being arseholes is a bizarre flex. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

The amount of crap ive had to clean up because of small dick boy racing wankers makes me hate them. Not once has it been a female driver.  

Most people can't drive for shit, but at least they are aware, boy racers are the worst drivers but assume that because they are brave/stupid/drive fast they are amazing. 

Right, most people can't. But I can ;)

I can't ride motorcycles at all though. One day I'll give it another try. First time I rode a dirt bike I crashed it. So like you for the time being just sticking to regular bikes. 

10 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

You are missing the point of that remark.

If you are paying enough attention while driving, you can avoid most hassle (barring the random idiot changing lanes without looking) and situations where you have to hit the brakes. Most of your small dick wannabe formula one drivers race into situations without proper thought obsevation.

Younger me, might very well have fallen into that over confident driver category. I managed to stay accident free for the 20+ years since I got my driver's license. Closest call was the situation I described. Still had some space between the cars, but that was way too close for my liking. The more space you leave between your car and the car ahead of you, the more time you have to react when something happens. Cars move quick esp. on the bloody Autobahn, so the distraction caused by that patrol car (as brief as it was 1-2 seconds) was enough to reduce the gap between me and the other car that I had to hit break. Had I payed attention to what had happened ahead of me, I'd noticed the other car slowing down earlier and could have rather comfortably changed lanes or slowed down earlier myself.

Literally coming back here to say a few things:

1. No one is impressed with what or how you drive, unless you maybe have a Maserati, Ferrari, or a Lamborghini. 

1.a. The Doctor did have a Maserati, and drove it within the speed limit on mountain roads, and perhaps he was unimpressed by me saying “pull over, I have to puke” but that’s what can happen, o you “professional drivers”.

1.b. Does anyone remember the disastrous assertion of someone here (who since died of unrelated causes) who stated that he was a better driver while drunk vs sober? Let’s not go there. Thank you.

2. You aren’t a goddamn professional driver. To @BigFatCoward’s point, you are a smear in the road, waiting to happen. Sorry. Unless, of course, you literally are a “professional driver on a closed course”. In which case, you wouldn’t be bragging; you’d be sitting there going “smdh” at half of you.

3. Anyone doubling down looks like a f—/cking idiot, and also, @Mr. Chatywin et al.lets get some “read the room” here - no one is impressed by your teenage antics, here or anywhere - and you clearly have no sense of insight given the fact that you seemed upset after R told you about her history, whereas you feel that if you have a history that others might find shocking, you think that a young lady might not have second thoughts? And also, don’t you think that you might be aware of the societal double standard which young ladies find repellant insofar as that you “get to brag” while we “have to hide” any past experiences? For reference: see your reaction to R.

More dating, less bragging. For God’s sake, start a driving thread if you want to discuss d1ck…er, cars.  Thank you. Back to your regularly scheduled conversations.

Edited by Madame deVenoge

The other day in class during a group work I noticed one boy who got repeatedly on my nerves with his Andrew Tate fanboying quite aggressively fooling around with several girls in quick succession and they seemed to appreciate it. I couldn't help but inwardly groan... -.-

9 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I think I'd be quite good at speed dating, I could be charming and witty for 3 mins and keep my true nature hidden. 

You see, I think I'd be terrible in three minutes. I am a proper scatterbrain, and I'd probably just get stressed and forget to ask all the important questions. 

On 3/1/2024 at 2:15 AM, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Right, most people can't. But I can ;)

I can't ride motorcycles at all though. One day I'll give it another try. First time I rode a dirt bike I crashed it. So like you for the time being just sticking to regular bikes. 

I have a friend who is an ER doctor who calls motorcycles “donor cycles.”  Apparently it’s a pretty common view among ER types…

The husband person is an aggressive driver now and was a VERY reckless driver as a young man (before I met him).  I don’t like getting in the car with him when we are going any kind of distance.  He knows it - and sometimes gets annoyed when I’m clutching the handles.  With no traffic, the drive from the city to our house takes me an hour and four minutes.  He does it in 52 minutes.  He’s done it in 37 (not with me in the car thank goodness).  My last traffic ticket was in 1997 (speed trap town - my own dang fault; it was night and I didn’t see the sign going from 55 to 35 in like 200 yards).  His was … well, let’s protect the guilty shall we?  Anyhow, to everyone’s point, bragging about it is NOT CUTE. It’s what the kids used to call a red flag (which, for those who don’t know is the opposite of a beige flag).  It suggests a certain self-centeredness and disregard for the well being of others.  I knew about all this stuff including the teenage shenanigans of the husband person and I married him anyway, but in retrospect, it’s definitely symptomatic of other behavior that drives me crazy.

1 hour ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Anyhow, to everyone’s point, bragging about it is NOT CUTE. 

It's not meant to be cute. It's me being honest about who I am and what I've done. I'm just too casual and playful at times.

3 hours ago, Spockydog said:

You see, I think I'd be terrible in three minutes. I am a proper scatterbrain, and I'd probably just get stressed and forget to ask all the important questions. 

Just get the valuation of your company out and discreetly lay it between you on the table. And say nothing for 3 mins. Or a photo of your cute little doggie. 

On 3/2/2024 at 7:14 PM, BigFatCoward said:

Just get the valuation of your company out and discreetly lay it between you on the table. And say nothing for 3 mins. Or a photo of your cute little doggie. 

I reckon this might do the trick. Just hold up my phone and show them this for thirty seconds. Wouldn't even need to mention my company.

Maggie literally has the softest fur out of all the makes of doggo, and, combined with my lovely soft (and ironed!!) Egyptian cotton sheets, my trip cave makes for an excellent love pad.

I mean, look at that freakin' tail.

Edited by Spockydog

Is it immoral to use your incredibly cute and friendly dog to meet women? :lol:

I mean, I probably talk to at least a dozen strange women every month, usually because Maggie has either jumped up on their nice clean clothes, or tried to steal their food, or ran away with their kid's football, etc, etc, etc. 

She's a great wee icebreaker. And I do like a chinwag. And sometimes there's a spark. But nobody wants to be the creepy dog walker asking women out when they're covered in mud down the park. 

Maybe I should put on a nice shirt, and a fresh bowtie on Maggie, and take her up the pub on Friday night.

Be cheaper than feckin' Match and Tinder.

Edited by Spockydog

15 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I reckon this might do the trick. Just hold up my phone and show them this for thirty seconds. Wouldn't even need to mention my company.

Maggie literally has the softest fur out of all the makes of doggo, and, combined with my lovely soft (and ironed!!) Egyptian cotton sheets, my trip cave makes for an excellent love pad.

I mean, look at that freakin' tail.

She is incredibly cute and adorable! 

FYI -- read in the Papers of Record/Whatever that people are going back to speed dating, coz the online dating site have turned into such piles of doggy doo doo.

This thread needs to get back to weird, thus a horse gotta do what a horse gotta do...

On 3/3/2024 at 1:28 AM, Spockydog said:

I reckon I might have to send a picture of Maggie to Kylie. Can't believe she's the same age as me.

I reckon, no I can guarantee I've never spent a thought on you as a teenager during my private time. I know this comes as a shock.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger