MCUniverse: Phase Four and Beyond(er) **maybe spoilers**

PyroclasticFlow

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Man, every time I read the thread title it makes me think "McUniverse". I think we might well have reached that point where we can make the "c" lower case and McDonald-ise this franchise.

LOL  I had that exact thought earlier this week.

4 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Man, every time I read the thread title it makes me think "McUniverse". I think we might well have reached that point where we can make the "c" lower case and McDonald-ise this franchise.

I look forward to the day when my children graduate from McUniversity.  (Luckily, I don't actually have children.)

6 hours ago, Nictarion said:

But the MCU is actually good...

Although i guess it is the equivalent of cinematic junk food where it has worldwide appeal and you always know exactly what you will get. It won't be the best film you will see but it's always on hand and will hold your attention while you are consuming it. But maybe left feeling a little empty afterwards and wishing you'd had something more filling.

It'll be even more creepy if Disney winds up owning the DC characters as then we'd have the McDcuniverse.

Whoa, Spiderman is coming out with a new movie soon.  Like almost now even.   It's so weird when movies actually premiere.   Most of the time you see an ad for one and then you find out it's 3 months away still.  Which seems like a lot of wasted advertising money, really.  But July 2nd is less than a week away!   (If i did the maths right- - and i remembered this time to do plural maths like they do in England.  This ensures multi-continental correctness.)   Ned is a glorified extra, and MJ is moody, and Peter has quips, but who I'm really excited to see is Mysterio.  Here's hoping he steals the show.   Also, it's time for Maria Hill to dominate a movie.   

1 hour ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Also, it's time for Maria Hill to dominate a movie.   

They should give her a Disney+ show. Or at least an episode of the What If? series where the avengers never came together and Loki and the Chitarui took over Earth. (and killed Fury just before he got to his pager.) 

Edit: With the Hydra twist only earth is under alien occupation things could get really interesting. 

The last Endgame specific thread is already filled up . So instead of starting a new one I'm going to use the McUniverse thread.

I think they really messed up with this re-release in theaters.

My sources (the internet) tell me this re-release only comes with 2 or 3 extra scenes. While the home media release in August will have an additional 5. Why not just release all the cut scenes in theater this time around to draw more customers? Just seems negligent.

That being said. I'm watching it again tomorrow because my niece who is visiting for the summer wants to see it.

5 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

The last Endgame specific thread is already filled up . So instead of starting a new one I'm going to use the McUniverse thread.

I think they really messed up with this re-release in theaters.

My sources (the internet) tell me this re-release only comes with 2 or 3 extra scenes. While the home media release in August will have an additional 5. Why not just release all the cut scenes in theater this time around to draw more customers? Just seems negligent.

That being said. I'm watching it again tomorrow because my niece who is visiting for the summer wants to see it.

My sources (also the internet) reckon too much extra stuff and the powers that be will call it a different movie and not add the $$ together to beat Avatar.

With $26 million still to make the #1 spot is well out of reach. I think it can definitely make up the difference with an X year anniversary release some time in the future. But I suspect Avatar 2 will be preceded by an Avatar re-release, so the goalposts will be shifted a wee bit. Though maybe Cameron will realise that Avatar is actually a bad movie and won't re-release it, because it might have the effect of putting people off Avatar 2. Perhaps it's better to rely on people's nostalgia goggles rather than remind them of the original's abject mediocrity in all aspects other than sfx.

+1 <3 for McUniverse

19 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

And? Is it any good? 

Yes, I liked it a lot. It’s one of the better Marvel movies. Mysterio is a great character. The movie also worked well as a bridge between Endgame and phase 4.

8 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well the rerelease of Avatar had something like 20 extra mins added to the cut, so I think if they wanted to add stuff to endgame they would be OK.

I didn't know that. I only saw the movie once and I was rather upset at the person who convinced me to go see it immediately after, but I forgave them.

I'm seeing Spider Man for my birthday tomorrow. First time in a long time that a movie I want to see has its opening night on my birthday, so I couldn't miss the opportunity. Glad that it's getting good reactions from the fans.

Local theater has 5 dollar Tuesday's, even for the gigantic screen (throw in those auto reclining lazyboys and a free small popcorn? Nice). So saw Far From Home this morning.

Quite fun. Didnt sufficiently explain the post-snap (oh, it's "blip" now) Earth that would have massive cultural, environmental, and infrastructure(al) changes, but whatever, they vaguely tried.

Wont mention the plot or characters other than that I enjoyed almost everyone. Lots of good humor. Definitely stay for the post-credits, no Howard the Duck pissers this time.

14 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

Quite fun. Didnt sufficiently explain the post-snap (oh, it's "blip" now) Earth that would have massive cultural, environmental, and infrastructure(al) changes, but whatever, they vaguely tried.

Disappointing, but I guess there's only so much they can do in a 2 hour movie that's not really about that. I hope they have at least one of the Disney+ shows dive into it more though. 

Unless there is a much more indepth exploration of the societal consequences of a 5-year gap between the snap and the unsnap in the next Disney Marvel movie, I'd think the MCU will proceed in a manner that makes it seem like the snap and unsnap happened on the same day. And it's possible the rest of the universe will pretend like nothing even happened. I guess the word would eventually get out with Rocket, Nebula and Carol talking to people out in the Galaxy about what Thanos did, but for a lot of races the snap would have happened, and they'd have no idea why, and the Unsnap would have happened 5 [Earth years] later and they would have no idea why.

I wonder, would Feige ever consider that in Stark doing the unsnap in his mind he was only thinking about humans, and the GoTG races? so that most Galactic races never get Unsnapped? That would add a twist to the story, though it would kind of darken the memory of Stark to think he thought in such narrow terms when un-snapping.

Archived