US Politics: The Motorcade of Madness

Durckad

McConnell introducing Trump the underside of the bus there. Seems to be a pretty clear indication that the GOP establishment is basically giving up on Trump and focusing on trying to keep the senate.

44 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

THE BEST PEOPLE

This guy is absolutely a POS but also if he was in mental crisis as was reported, regardless of why, how you speak about it informs the people you *do* like and respect about their struggles. So you know, bear that in mind.

14 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

This guy is absolutely a POS but also if he was in mental crisis as was reported, regardless of why, how you speak about it informs the people you *do* like and respect about their struggles. So you know, bear that in mind.

Thats fair.

Also, he beat his wife, threatened her and his family with guns and embezzled 24million. Fuck him.

Biden tested negative today as well.

Are we now suspecting the timing as Sep 27 when Trump was infected (meeting with Gold Star families), probably tested positive between that and the debate and lied, also infected everyone at the Saturday event, and then peaked in symptoms on Friday? In my head that timeline makes sense. Of course, the WH isnt doing any form of contact tracing and is very cagey about when Trump was first diagnosed.

If someone wants to blow the whistle on this that'd be great.

Edit: No, the Gold Star event was Sunday, after the Rose Garden

I fully support Biden's decision to forgo any further debates. Trump is not worthy of giving any further platform.

He has demonstrated he refuses to follow any format rules and furthermore, he's demonstrated that he is a walking, virus spewing, safety hazard to anyone in his vicinity.

Biden has nothing to gain from letting Trump on the same stage with him, shut it down.

16 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I just saw that Trump asked the doctors at Walter Reed to sign non-disclosure agreements (back in 2019). A couple of doctors who refused were not allowed to take part in his treatment.

Yesiree, the transparent government of Donald Trump.

His obsession with NDAs is so wacko.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Yes, and that's probably especially true of younger Americans, even Trump supporters.

I remember a survey a few years ago where Americans in their 20s thought it was more respectful to call an older person they had recently met by their first name than use Ms. or Mr. with the surname. And I often have students who in term papers will say "Sigmund said X" instead of "Freud said X". Things have reversed on that from my generation. 

That’s odd.  Maybe it’s regional but I still frequently address people who I only know by first name as “Mr. or Ms. [first name]”.

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That’s odd.  Maybe it’s regional but I still frequently address people who I only know by first name as “Mr. or Ms. [first name]”.

Yes, that's regional. You would almost never hear Mr. or Ms. with a first name in the North. 

33 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Biden tested negative today as well.

Are we now suspecting the timing as Sep 27 when Trump was infected (meeting with Gold Star families), probably tested positive between that and the debate and lied, also infected everyone at the Saturday event, and then peaked in symptoms on Friday? In my head that timeline makes sense. Of course, the WH isnt doing any form of contact tracing and is very cagey about when Trump was first diagnosed.

If someone wants to blow the whistle on this that'd be great.

Edit: No, the Gold Star event was Sunday, after the Rose Garden

The Gold Star thing is just Trump's attempt to deflect blame for the utterly irresponsible Rose Garden ceremony.  I agree that reporters should (and no doubt are) trying to get the timeline cleared up, but that ceremony is unquestionably a key piece. 

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

It would be funny if Barret was the superspreader that derailed her nomination tho. Unfortunately that point is still some time off, but rethugs have not such a big margin for error either.

Unlikely given that per reports she already had it back in April. 

6 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

Unlikely given that per reports she already had it back in April. 

Thought we touched on that yesterday. reinfection do happen, tho. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Either way, can we talk about the immorality of hoping it passes the species barrier once again, from human to turtle?

Go Mitch, catch it. That's a good boy. (Training a turtle to catch a frisbee mid-air is hard working, but rewarding).

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Yes, and that's probably especially true of younger Americans, even Trump supporters.

I remember a survey a few years ago where Americans in their 20s thought it was more respectful to call an older person they had recently met by their first name than use Ms. or Mr. with the surname. And I often have students who in term papers will say "Sigmund said X" instead of "Freud said X". Things have reversed on that from my generation. 

Back when I was ten or twelve years old, my closest friends all called each other's parents by their first names, at the parents' preference. These were all affluent white/Jewish families in the middle of Los Angeles, late 80s. Like the neighborhood where Swingers took place.

I was never able to break my own hard-drilled training to call them Mr and Mrs, so I was the one kid in our clique to do that. The parents all seemed to find my manners charming. Hell, I called my in-laws Mr and Mrs for the first year or so that my wife and I dated.

My friends all knew to call my mom Mrs Gabriel, without being told though.

6 hours ago, Zorral said:

I couldn't stand the rivers of shit coming out of every one of pence's orifices.  Partner watched it all, and told me Harris won it, hands down, playing the game the way a professional prosecutor does.  Partner has a very strong predilection for very strong, powerful, capable, smart, effective, talented women, particularly if they are of color, if that makes any difference in this judgment.

The fly -- all I can think of is Drac's minion, Renfield, and the opening of the novel in which the asylum incarcerated Renfield eats all the flies.  

Flies are pretty standard horror movie fare for the presence of demons and the like so I thought of the same thing. Was happy to see the Lincoln Project using this to mess with with the religious right and QAnoners.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/steve-schmidt-says-fly-landing-on-pences-head-may-mean-hes-conspiring-with-satan?ref=home

But then things got a little more, well, fire and brimstone-y. Schmidt went on to say of the fly: “That’s a sign, all through history, of sin. Historically, Biblically. Maybe you wouldn’t normally say this after... It’s only safe to say this, sorry, after midnight... But, you know, a fly—he who commands the fly has always been seen, historically, as a mark of the Devil.”

Steve Schmidt says the fly landing on Pence is a "sign historically of sin" and the "mark of the devil," prompting Ari Melber to ask if he's joking.

“In my role, on the fact-check—what Steve Schmidt has said about the numbers is true,” said Melber, confidently. “But, what he said about the ultimate moral reckoning of whether the fly connotes evil or the Devil or Nosferatu, is above my pay grade and I cannot confirm it.”

Schmidt reiterated: “Some people are saying, historically, about the fly.” He then, finally, smiled, in the one indication he was not entirely serious.

And Slate's playing, too.

https://slate.com/culture/2020/10/debate-fly-mike-pence-hair-endorses-trump-death-decay-beelzebub-and-so-on.html?via=recirc_engaged

This election goes beyond mere material concerns, however; there’s also a spiritual dimension. And for faith-based voters like me, the Trump administration is the only option. Like all flies, I worship Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies, the Prince of Demons, the Archfiend of Lies and Death and Decay, and my faith is very important to me. When I heard Mike Pence speak so movingly of his faith—his faith in Donald Trump, primarily—I knew which administration I could trust to build Our Dark Lord’s Throne of Lies right here on earth. Kamala Harris did her best to dissemble at a few points, and maybe it worked on television, but take it from a fly in the studio audience: You could smell the evil radiating from Mike Pence. In fact, I was originally only planning on briefly alighting on the vice president’s head, running my ovipositor through his gorgeous strands of snowy white hair, dropping a clutch of eggs, and going on my merry way. But the second the setae on my footpads touched that wiry surface, I sensed a kindred intelligence coldly whirring and clicking away just under Pence’s skull, and I knew it was time for me to make my first political endorsement.

My endorsement of a Republican candidate may be surprising to those who remember my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother’s endorsement of Hillary Clinton back in 2016, which famously caused Alex Jones to speculate that Clinton and Barack Obama were both demons:

Video: Alex Jones reports that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are demons who smell like sulfur pic.twitter.com/BOUoKNljcV

— Media Matters (@mmfa) October 10, 2016

Archived