MCU: The Amazing Disappearing Daredevil!

Rhom

Just now, sifth said:

It's beyond fake, but something I can easily over look. Americans suck at doing London accents most of the time, though I often feel the same way when it comes to people in the UK attempting a New York accent. They think all New Yorkers are from Brooklyn for some daft reason.

Non-Southerners doing a Southern accent is grating to my ear.  Julia Roberts is from Atlanta and a voice coach messed with her accent in “Steel Magnolias”.  It was really irritating.

42 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Someone uploaded the Morbius post-credits scene.

Hide contents

https://streamable.com/azqfex

So it seems Strange's sending everyone who knew Parker is Spiderman back at the end of No Way Home didn't work properly, and likely shuffled some of them to the wrong universes.

Spoiler

I don't like this because it's taking a good character from a universe I care about and throwing him into another universe that I don't care about. Vulture forgetting Peter Parker and thus hating Spider-Man again could have been interesting. 

That said I look forward to seeing which spider-man villain appears in the next James Bond movie. 

On 3/31/2022 at 4:49 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

Thought the first episode was great.

Same here. Thought Isaac did a great job. Really endearing, and the accent is perfectly fine. Had no idea it was an issue until coming here.

10 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Yeah, Oscar Isaac's accent is fine- not unnoticable but fine. I feel like people are conflating issues with that with the notability of his off-kilter affect and OTT earnestness.

"Laters, gators" was nearing the the straw that broke the camel's back. The incessant britishisms felt a bit on the nose - though I'd defer to our British brethren on that.

Aside from that, I did enjoy it -- probably above Falcon but below Loki, Wandavision, and Hawkeye IMO.

I saw a joke yesterday on Twitter [couldn't find it again] but it went something like:

[photo of a smashed vehicle window]

'I had to two tickets to Morbius in my car last night, someone broke in and left four more.'

17 hours ago, Kalibuster said:

Maybe venomverse can have the Andrew Garfield spidey

Given the positive reception that Garfield got in No Way Home, this would be a nice way to give Sony their own Spider-Man while Marvel continues to keep Holland in the role.  They get double the Spidey money that way.  Win win for all involved.

23 minutes ago, Week said:

"Laters, gators" was nearing the the straw that broke the camel's back. The incessant britishisms felt a bit on the nose - though I'd defer to our British brethren on that.

Yea I haven’t heard anyone say “and I’m the Queen of Sheba” since the 80’s I don’t think.

6 minutes ago, briantw said:

Given the positive reception that Garfield got in No Way Home, this would be a nice way to give Sony their own Spider-Man while Marvel continues to keep Holland in the role.  They get double the Spidey money that way.  Win win for all involved.

The trouble is, Sony have no incentive to give Holland to Marvel. It’s their films he’s been starring in, and as nice as it was to have Garfield back he’s still nowhere near as dependable as Holland as far as bankable stars go. Honestly at this point, I’d rather they just magicked him over there and washed their hands of it. It kinda breaks my immersion that there’s so much cross-studio politics at the moment.

45 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Same writers:
15% - Gods of Egypt

18% - The Last Witchhunter

25% - Dracula Untold

84% - Lost In Space (netflix series)

Seems to me they should stick to SF TV shows where maybe there is less studio interference and far away from fantasy movies.

1 hour ago, JEORDHl said:

I saw a joke yesterday on Twitter [couldn't find it again] but it went something like:

[photo of a smashed vehicle window]

'I had to two tickets to Morbius in my car last night, someone broke in and left four more.'

The banner for the MCU spoilers reddit is great today. "From the studio that hired another one to make Spider-Man: No Way Home"

“and I’m the Queen of Sheba” since the 80’s I don’t think.

am assuming that the persona has adopted a bad dialect, laden with stereotype.

an odd doctrine regarding ammit--the scales in the book of the dead are operated by anubis; ammit simply eats the heart that weighs too heavily with sin. am enjoying it, nevertheless--i don't know the book, so am not obstructed by obdurate purism.

what's great is that the turkish state is attempting to cancel/review bomb the show because of hawke's by the bye reference to the armenian genocide.

Interesting.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/morbius-reviews-critics-1235123608/

I’m not troubled by those who genuinely didn’t like it. Though I think “worst Marvel movie since Josh Trank’s Fantastic Four” is severely exaggerated, considering that film was barely a movie. It’s not even the worst Marvel movie in the past five years, but I digress. What I find troubling is the number of critics and potential audience members who’ve been inclined to trash this movie since it was announced, taking to social media to repeatedly voice their disdain at the very concept of a studio other than Disney making a film about a character they’re unfamiliar with...

I simply can’t place my faith in reviews and opinions from critics or audience members who have spent their months wishing for the film’s failure, went into the theater looking for things to hate, handing out half star ratings on Letterboxd while admitted they haven’t seen it, and upset that Spider-Man doesn’t show up in a movie that’s not about him. Yet, that hate is popular. It receives social media engagement, encourages hyperbole and turns film criticism into a game of memes, a competition of who can lay down the sickest burns in an age where we think of almost any form of mass distributed entertainment as “content,” rather than something made by people who more often than not care about their work.

I wonder what movie he's referring to. I can think of a few recent CBM's where I thought the critical consensus was way too generous. 

He's not wrong. There was a considerable negative buzz around this film for some time. I haven't seen it so I'm reserving judgment, but I have a hard time believing it's as terrible as the broader conversation suggests. 

3 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I wonder what movie he's referring to. I can think of a few recent CBM's where I thought the critical consensus was way too generous. 

‘Marvel’ would include all the last-gasp Fox X-Men films, New Mutants, Dark Phoenix. Haven’t seen either but those would be the most probable from what I hear.

Archived