Upcoming TV/Movies: Rumours, Bargains and Lies

SpaceChampion

4 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Masters of the Air: Apple TV+ Sets Date for Austin Butler’s WWII Drama From Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg.

Been waiting for this one. Really hope that it's in the same ballpark as Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

I don't think it can fully be that, because I doubt there are any veterans from that unit still alive. For Band of Brothers, those interviews with the veterans always added a strong emotional impact. Now in terms of the fictionalized story, with the cast it has, yeah it will probably be good.

18 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Masters of the Air: Apple TV+ Sets Date for Austin Butler’s WWII Drama From Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg.

Been waiting for this one. Really hope that it's in the same ballpark as Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

i thought pacific was amazingly made, but had no emotional grip at all, which was weird as it had a much more focussed story around the leads and BoB was more of an ensemble thing other than Winters. 

'Better Call Saul' Creator's Next Series Will Focus on Rhea Seehorn (As It Should)

Vince Gilligan says the new series is back in production.

https://collider.com/vince-gilligan-new-series-rhea-seehorn-comments/

Vince Gilligan, the creator of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul is leaving the Albuquerque world of methamphetamine and crime for an entirely new project on Apple TV+—but he is taking his Saul star Rhea Seehorn with him, and he's revealed he's getting back to work on it very soon. The "mild science-fiction story", also set in Albuquerque, is designed as a palate cleanser for Gilligan and it's one he's thrilled to be starting.

Speaking with Variety, Gilligan offered a lengthy update on the progress of his Better Call Saul follow-up which will bring Seehorn into a leading role that she has long deserved, adding that the conclusion of the Writers Guild of America strike will allow his process to continue.

"We’re back to work," said Gilligan. "We’re officially back in the writers room on Monday. I’m spending most of my time in New Mexico, because I live here now. But when I go back [to Los Angeles], we’re going to reopen the writers room for the first couple of weeks in person. When the strike hit, we were very close to the end of breaking the first season."

17 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

'Better Call Saul' Creator's Next Series Will Focus on Rhea Seehorn (As It Should)

Wouldve preferred someone younger and fresher, ah well

5 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Wait, so the BCS follow up will be a mild sci-fi story? Because I'm totally here for that. 

Or maybe they're working on two different shows. I could see a Kim Wexler courtroom drama being pretty cool. 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Wait, so the BCS follow up will be a mild sci-fi story? Because I'm totally here for that. 

Or maybe they're working on two different shows. I could see a Kim Wexler courtroom drama being pretty cool. 

Follow up, as in, the next show he will do.  Not that it has any connection to BCS.  It just happens to include the same actress.

12 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Wouldve preferred someone younger and fresher, ah well

9 hours ago, polishgenius said:

This is such a weird thing to say.

1 hour ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I meant the actor starring in it.

Beyond weird. Rhea Seehorn was the best part of BCS by a wide margin. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Beyond weird. Rhea Seehorn was the best part of BCS by a wide margin. 

Middle-aged women are obviously such an over-represented demographic on our screens...
We need more younger, hotter fresher actresses...

Erm...

Edited by Which Tyler

7 hours ago, polishgenius said:

We all knew what you meant, and let's be clear: the use of 'fresher' to indicate that you think a woman is too old for you to want to watch on screen is all kinds of fucking ewww. 

Yeah, the term is suspect. But really just as a viewer that wants good content forcibly retiring skilled actors is bad for business. Should Jeri Ryan be fired? What about Patrick Stewart? He's talking about doing a Picard movie. I'm not sure why you'd want to stop him.

Yeah god forbid I have a physical preference for people working in an industry where catering to an audience via physical appearance plays a massive role and is part of their JD alongside acting chops.…I’m not saying I need my work colleagues to be hotter or fresher for Christ sakes, it’s just my preference for content which I’m paying for, not real life… I can still have that right ? And I also feel Vince has done enough stories with middle aged protagonists as well and it would be refreshing to see him tackle younger adults for a change.