Star Wars: The Wrong Trousers

polishgenius

If the Armorer is revealed to be the spy and the entire philosophy of their cult is exposed as a lie… that could pave to way to allow Pascal to show his face.

Speaking of, I saw an article headline that Disney wanted to pay him as a voice actor.

I fully expect the Armorer to be one of Maul's former followers and probable betrayer of Bo Katan, but not necessarily in league with Gideon.  When it comes to "enemy of my enemy is my friend" surely she'd see Bo Katan as the lesser of her enemies/rivals over the guy who committed genocide to their world.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Oh yeah I guess we'll get our once a season look at his face in the finale. Then he'll have to go take another bath. 

I like how that episode with the covert and those weird giant bird things we now have it confirmed that we COULD have seen Pablo in plenty of scenes eating, taking a bath, masturbating, surfing the internet, etc.  I mean, I suppose it was kinda-confirmed in the season 1 finale, but considering how much time he's spent just traveling through space, seems we're really missing out.

Don’t really understand the need for a second spy. Gideon has a spy; he spoke to her at the beginning, that’s how he learnt of the efforts to retake Mandalore, so he set a trap and … that’s it. What more does he need to pull of what he did in this episode?

2 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Don’t really understand the need for a second spy. Gideon has a spy; he spoke to her at the beginning, that’s how he learnt of the efforts to retake Mandalore, so he set a trap and … that’s it. What more does he need to pull of what he did in this episode?

Because the episode is called "The Spies."  Plural!

The Armourer gave off suspicious vibes this episode for sure. Why would she not want to be with the group the reclaims The Forge? Maybe the reason for the "don't take off your helmet" thing is because she's not actually the original Armourer, and then people would know

13 minutes ago, Underfoot said:

The Armourer gave off suspicious vibes this episode for sure. Why would she not want to be with the group the reclaims The Forge? Maybe the reason for the "don't take off your helmet" thing is because she's not actually the original Armourer, and then people would know

heh, except they wouldn't becuase presumably she's never taken off her helmet in front of them.

On 4/13/2023 at 7:16 AM, Calibandar said:

Giving those a look as the second and third one in that first trilogy seem quite interesting, book 2 has the Emperor send him and Darth Vader off together on a " quest" .

Temper expectations. Every Disney-era Zahn book I've read has not been anywhere near as pacy and riveting as the old EU books. The books almost feel more political than action-driven.

The best take I've heard about the whole Mandalorian series is Din is the itinerant knight Lancelot, with Bo Katan as King Arthur.  Lancelot's role is like Captain America, maintaining his values and honor while resisting the world that wants him to change, or like Mad Max, wandering from situation to situation helping initiate change in each place.

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

The best take I've heard about the whole Mandalorian series is Din is the itinerant knight Lancelot, with Bo Katan as King Arthur.  Lancelot's role is like Captain America, maintaining his values and honor while resisting the world that wants him to change, or like Mad Max, wandering from situation to situation helping initiate change in each place.

So, I suppose thanks to Lizzo, this makes Grogu the Green Knight.

9 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Did anybody else think people should have perhaps shaved for the super secret shadow council meeting?

A nefarious group of evils most have very involved facial hair!

2 hours ago, DMC said:

A nefarious group of evils most have very involved facial hair!

Fanwank mode - they're deliberately looking unimperial so that the republic thinks of them as terrorist and petty warlords and not as an imperial remnant that should be taken seriously.

13 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

But it is kind of odd for Imperial military guys.

Indeed.

2 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

Fanwank mode - they're deliberately looking unimperial so that the republic thinks of them as terrorist and petty warlords and not as an imperial remnant that should be taken seriously.

LOL, way to do the heavy lifting!  Almost like Favreau and Filoni creating an entire TV universe to justify the idiocy of the sequels.