R.I.P. Thread 3: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

Nictarion

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I love how he's one of the many Jewish actors playing Latinos in Scarface. Watched Ave Ventura recently and got a kick seeing he was in it. And of course it goes without saying he was one of the best parts of BB. 

But but but, there's loads of controversial because non Jewish actors were cast in oppenheimer. 

What are the fucking rules???

I get that it's slightly different when it's historical v fictional. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

But but but, there's loads of controversial because non Jewish actors were cast in oppenheimer. 

What are the fucking rules???

I get that it's slightly different when it's historical v fictional. 

I haven't heard any controversy about it and don't really care. But in general I would say don't have a nearly all white cast play roles when making a movie that takes place in MENA (looking at you, Gods of Egypt, which was a terrible film anyways).

18 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I love how he's one of the many Jewish actors playing Latinos in Scarface. Watched Ave Ventura recently and got a kick seeing he was in it. And of course it goes without saying he was one of the best parts of BB

That death. Those eyes…

Wow, he seemed like someone who would be around forever. He just finished directing his Caine Mutiny film not that long ago.

Time to dust off Sorcerer and give it a rewatch. Amazing film, one among a number from Friedkin.

Wrong Tom Jones. The Tom Jones who died was the one who wrote the lyrics for the musical The Fantasticks, which had the longest off-Broadway run in New York City ever.  I know many young people will never have heard of it, but I think a great many of us old folks remember it. Even though I was only 13 at the time, I remember very well the Hallmark Hall of Fame television version of the musical broadcast in 1964.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/fantasticks-tom-jones-recalled-stage-musical-hollywood-adaptation-1235695218/

• 2 weeks later...

Bob Barker, every snow day, every day I skipped school "sick", every day I skipped work "sick" I'd have to watch TPIR.  Then he pops up in Happy Gilmore and I like him even more. I remember how weird it was to hear him swear.