Star Wars: You Must Be Over 18 (Midichlorians) To Enter

DaveSumm

Enjoyed the episode. I'm listening to the German synchro so the slow delivery works well for me since it gives me more processing time. Not sure what I'd think about it if I were listening in English. 

Hera seemed a bit more perky, at least till part of her squadron died. 

Not always keen on fights, but here they seemed very well-orchestrated, showing the shifting emotions of the participants and giving a sense of high stakes and real struggle instead of an "okay, better throw in a flashy lightsabre duel with some acrobatics" yawn-fest. 

The decision to move Sabine into the enemy camp is promising. Could lead to some solid plot/characterisation opportunities for both sides. 

At a guess, Ahsoka fan-writers are cheerfully building Ahsoka/Sabine/evil blonde love triangles as I type. 

Still not watched the show, but talk of that ending made me curious so I had a look and man I really hope that Star Wars isn't still pretending

Spoiler

that multiple genocide-committer and personal slaughterer of children younglings Anakin was redeemed coz he didn't want his son to die. The brief snatch of Imperial march makes me slightly hopeful they'll engage with that notion, but ultimately I'm not confident.

4 hours ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

Why did Ahsoka go to single blade against Marrok? I vaguely get changing the style against Baylan, but Ahsoka's fighting style has always been around agility and quickness. 

I thought it might have been easier to have Rosario do a bunch of the choreography with only a single blade, so the choice was made to have more of it performed by her rather than stunt double. I haven't rewatched to check how much her face is clearly visible though.

I'm just thinking Ahsoka's dual blade style is extremely athletic and acrobatic and while Rosario is still in great shape she's still in her 40s. 

3 hours ago, dog-days said:

The decision to move Sabine into the enemy camp is promising. Could lead to some solid plot/characterisation opportunities for both sides. 

I honestly thought it was going to be some sort of feint...that it was going to play into the whole, "work together Ahsoka ans Sabine, you're better that way..." and that they'd somehow planned a possible switch to the other side for Sabine, but then Ahsoka apparently didn't just go over that cliff...

(The whole better together line/expectation is a Chekov's Gun for me as the show progresses, by the by...)

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

I thought it might have been easier to have Rosario do a bunch of the choreography with only a single blade, so the choice was made to have more of it performed by her rather than stunt double. I haven't rewatched to check how much her face is clearly visible though.

I'm just thinking Ahsoka's dual blade style is extremely athletic and acrobatic and while Rosario is still in great shape she's still in her 40s. 

I thought her use of just the one blade has as much to do with the move that was used to beat Marrok...as she just stood there blade overhead for the moment before...with regard to her fight with Marrok.

Edited by Jaxom 1974

12 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I thought her use of just the one blade has as much to do with the move that was used to beat Marrok...as she just stood there blade overhead for the moment before...with regard to her fight with Marrok.

I'd buy that as a reason for it if she hadn't already beaten maul with her dual blades AND beaten an inquistor with his stupid spinning attack with dual blades. Made a lot more sense against Baylan (though I would have liked her to start with dual blades, figure out she was getting smashed and then go to single) but marrok was a fucking punk who didn't need anything special to beat. 

5 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

I'd buy that as a reason for it if she hadn't already beaten maul with her dual blades AND beaten an inquistor with his stupid spinning attack with dual blades. Made a lot more sense against Baylan (though I would have liked her to start with dual blades, figure out she was getting smashed and then go to single) but marrok was a fucking punk who didn't need anything special to beat. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, Intend to agree...but only wanted to offer a possible reasoning? Maybe she learned a different technique to try over the years...?

4 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I honestly thought it was going to be some sort of feint...that it was going to play into the whole, "work together Ahsoka ans Sabine, you're better that way..." and that they'd somehow planned a possible switch to the other side for Sabine, but then Ahsoka apparently didn't just go over that cliff...

(The whole better together line/expectation is a Chekov's Gun for me as the show progresses, by the by...)

Oh yes. I'm sure they'll end up back together. Possibly in the next episode or two. But in the meanwhile, this gives Sabine the chance to learn more about the bad guys, and possibly build up a more complex relationship with one or two of them. 

Edited by dog-days

5 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

That would have been nice. Ahsoka getting her ass kicked by some random dark jedi and Sabine betraying her trust was something of a letdown for me.

Imho, just changing to Baylan taking the map from Sabine's hand rather than her giving it to him would have changed things a bit.

14 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Still not watched the show, but talk of that ending made me curious so I had a look and man I really hope that Star Wars isn't still pretending

Hide contents

that multiple genocide-committer and personal slaughterer of children younglings Anakin was redeemed coz he didn't want his son to die. The brief snatch of Imperial march makes me slightly hopeful they'll engage with that notion, but ultimately I'm not confident.

I mean, this has been the situation for the last forty years. 

Anakin's redemption has always been freakin weird. He seemingly finds eternal peaceful life within the Force by the end of Jedi, as if all the atrocities he committed or helped to commit counted for nothing. Aside from slaughtering the younglings he's committed genocide in the name of the Empire, helped build a planet destroying weapon, and has caused the deaths of billions of lives. 

Edited by Relic

49 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I mean you’re part of a forum for ASOIAF in which a person like Jaime Lannister has had a redemption arc by the author, so….

'arc' is an important part of that sentence, although it should also be noted Jaime's crimes are nowhere near Vader's and in fact his most notorious act was preventing a mass slaughter. 

1 hour ago, mormont said:

I mean, this has been the situation for the last forty years. 

Aye, but it really started to get notable and feel a bit silly after the prequels and with added content around those times, when (1) we started to get a less abstracted view of what Vader actually did and (2) they started using Hayden Christensen, who we saw murder children, as the force-ghost representation of a redeemed Anakin.  Before that you could kind of buy it because we never actually saw him do all that much. 

But yes, the fact that they've never addressed it before is the reason I'm not confident.

Edited by polishgenius