US Politics: Chaos Made to Border

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

What the actual fuck - there's a proposal to impeach a member of bidens cabinet, the house is killing the immigration proposal due to Trump, three us servicemen died in Jordan...

And yall are talking about how many times Melania Trump cums? 

Remind me about this the next time we get chastised for talking about hypotheticals that can never happen

Well the first is a meaningless stunt, the second was always bound to happen and war is what we do. Best to laugh at the stupid shit when the plane is clearly crashing.

43 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

What's your take on that last one, Kal? 

I feel like it's some surreal illustrative on the fragmentation of our society. We're practically at war and, like... nobody seems to care?

I just figured tywin got laid

Apparently there was a beheading in Levittown, PA this evening.  The killer allegedly had a video up on YouTube displaying his father's head according Twitter and Bluesky.

Allegedly he was also calling for a "revolution" against the "Biden regime" and raving about immigration.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/philadelphia/news/upper-orchard-levittown-pa-murder-crime/

Edited by Larry of the Lawn

Hmmmm FBI Director Wray seems pretty concerned-

“China’s hackers are positioning on American infrastructure in preparation to wreak havoc and cause real-world harm to American citizens and communities, if or when China decides the time has come to strike,”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/31/politics/china-hacking-infrascture-fbi-director-christopher-wray/index.html

I could put this clip in the NFL thread, but I think it's better served here. I am not a fan of Colin Cowherd, my favorite sports show makes fun of him by bringing on random celebrities to pick NFL games against him and they usually beat him, however, he nailed this one which is a huge problem in our country:

Sinema’s fundraising plummets as reelection decision deadline nears
The Arizona independent is raising less and less each quarter.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/30/kyrsten-sinema-donations-00138738

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema’s (I-Ariz.) fundraising cratered to her lowest quarterly total yet this cycle as she stares down an April deadline to file for reelection.

The independent Arizona senator raised just $595,000 in the final three months of 2023, according to a report filed by her campaign with the Federal Election Commission late Tuesday. That is less than one-fifth of the total that her main Democratic challenger, Rep. Ruben Gallego, said his campaign raised during the same period. Her likely Republican challenger, Kari Lake, reported raising $2 million.

Sinema is pinning a lot of her hopes and energy on this immigration bil lin the Senate.  She wants to brand herself as the New Maverick of Arizona, but there are a lot of reasons why this isn't working well for her.  John McCain never left the Republican party, and had a strong brand with voters before his started pissing everyone off.  Relying on getting stuff done requires that you actually get stuff done and that voters care that you do.  Voters aren't going to back her because of the work she did on the infrastructure bill, and the immigration bill has been on life support for weeks. 

It is looking more and more like if the immigration bill fails (which it will), then Sinema will not run at all.  Which would certainly make the AZ race simpler for Gallego. 

10 hours ago, Larry of the Lawn said:

Apparently there was a beheading in Levittown, PA this evening.  The killer allegedly had a video up on YouTube displaying his father's head according Twitter and Bluesky.

Allegedly he was also calling for a "revolution" against the "Biden regime" and raving about immigration.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/philadelphia/news/upper-orchard-levittown-pa-murder-crime/

Article about this murder; 

Pennsylvania man arrested after posting YouTube video of father's decapitated head (nbcnews.com)

43 minutes ago, LongRider said:

That's absolutely horrifying. And he was at Penn State while I was in graduate school! The thought of sharing any space with this fucked up wretch makes my skin crawl.

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

It is looking more and more like if the immigration bill fails (which it will), then Sinema will not run at all.  Which would certainly make the AZ race simpler for Gallego. 

Doesn't matter if it passes or not, the safe bet is she'll never hold office again.

17 hours ago, Zorral said:

Prohibited from speaking of it for fear we and our families will be disappeared.

Westeros.org: Civil War 

Spoiler

I stand with the King! Long has he known my lealty. 

:bowdown:

But seriously, like guys... we're basically at war (again). Is this not some bizarre shit? I feel like it's barely even news. 

Has the American public become so divested of interest and agency that a new West Asia conflict gets the political equivalent of a shrug and a handwave? 

What a marvelous and wicked people we are!

3 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Doesn't matter if it passes or not, the safe bet is she'll never hold office again.

The problem is her spoiler potential in AZ. If the vote splits too much say hello to US Senator Kari Lake.

Anyway, when is Engoron publishing the verdict. Man, don't keep me waiting. We know you are gonna bar Trump from doing business in NY ever again (and a time limit ban on Beavis and Butthead), but just tell us how much you want to claw back.

54 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

The problem is her spoiler potential in AZ. If the vote splits too much say hello to US Senator Kari Lake.

TBD. Awful as she is I'm not sure she'll make it a three person race, but then again she's an incredibly narcissistic person, so who knows. 

So it's not a link but the whole text of the "truth"? And truth in quotation marks for more than one reason. :rolleyes:

I am in the process, along with my team, of interviewing various law firms to represent me in an Appeal of one of the most ridiculous and unfair Witch Hunts our Country has ever seen - The defamation Sham presided over by a Clinton appointed, highly partisan, Trump Hating Judge, Lewis Kaplan, who was, together with certain other Radical Left Democrat Judges, one of the most partisan and out of control activists that I have ever appeared before. He was a “bully” who demanded two trials, rather than one, denied me Due Process, would not allow me to put forth vital evidence (of which there was much!), and only allowed me to be on the witness stand for minutes, telling my lawyer what to ask, and telling me to only give one word answers, as his wife and friends sat in cordoned off front row seats watching with glee. This entire HOAX is a disgrace to our American System of Justice. Any lawyer who takes a TRUMP CASE is either “CRAZY,” or a TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT. I will make my decision soon! https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/111848593080388710