R.I.P. Thread 2: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

She knew what was going on with the Catholic Church. She had a voice and damn if she wasnt going to use it! She tried to tell us, she tried to bring awareness of it, she tried to do something, and she was hated, ridiculed, made the butt of a million jokes, and lost the respect of too many people who should have known better.

But most of us cared more about the symbolism of a piece of paper with a picture of a corrupt religious leader on it than we cared about our children being hurt in the worst ways imaginable. 

She didn't deserve it, humanity failed her.

R.I.P. Sinead O'Connor 

9 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

She wasn’t a one hit wonder at all - Lion and the Cobra is one of the best albums, truly incredible 

gutted over this 

Critical acclaim and commercial success are clearly different.

Her singles discography on wiki would say otherwise. We are clearly using a different definition. Even then I did say 'relatively'. 

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Critical acclaim and commercial success are clearly different.

Her singles discography on wiki would say otherwise. We are clearly using a different definition. Even then I did say 'relatively'. 

Apologies, I was just really upset last night. Didn’t mean to be combative 

My first introduction to Pee-wee was not Pee-wee's Playhouse, nor the Tim Burton directed films, but the the live theatre performance recorded as an HBO special in 1981. That iteration of Pee-wee was not entirely appropriate for a 5-6 year old (especially not by today's standards), but his consant trying to peek under girls' skirts went over my head, as did the various sly innuendos that you'd get, and mostly what I remember was just being enraptured by the quirky humor and characters (which would be perfected, and toned down, on Pee-wee's Playhouse). Especially Pee-wee, who was basically a deranged kid in an adult's body.

RIP, Paul Reubens. 

(BTW, see if you recognize Captain Carl.)

Edited by Ran

52 minutes ago, Ran said:

My first introduction to Pee-wee was not Pee-wee's Playhouse, nor the Tim Burton directed films, but the the live theatre performance recorded as an HBO special in 1981. That iteration of Pee-wee was not entirely appropriate for a 5-6 year old (especially not by today's standards), but his consant trying to peak under girls' skirts went over my head, as did the various sly innuendos that you'd get, and mostly what I remember was just being enraptured by the quirky humor and characters (which would be perfected, and toned down, on Pee-wee's Playhouse). Especially Pee-wee, who was basically a deranged kid in an adult's body.

RIP, Paul Reubens. 

(BTW, see if you recognize Captain Carl.)

I was a few years older (enough to get a few more of those jokes -Jambi getting hands, for instance) but had the same experience overall.

12 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

RIP Paul Reubens, aka Pee-wee Herman.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure was one of those movies I didn't really get when I saw it as a kid. Only as I grew older I saw more and more the genius it is.

R.I.P. Paul Reubans  :frown5: