US politics: When DeSantis go marching in

IheartIheartTesla

It's not only contraception and LGBTQ people They are determined to kill.

After Roe, conservatives set their sights on ending no-fault divorce laws

https://www.mediamatters.org/tim-pool/after-roe-conservatives-set-their-sights-ending-no-fault-divorce-laws

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Compare and contrast a fasces bundle with the Mace of the House of Representatives.  Discuss.

https://history.house.gov/Collection/Listing/2006/2006-162-000/#:~:text=The silver mace%2C symbol of,Adams%2C a New York silversmith.

That is the best thing I've seen in my life. 

4 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

This is the most incredible thing any American president has ever done. And that includes the revolutionary war and the emancipation proclamation.

Words cannot express how much I fucking love this. 

So it looks like Biden's preferred primary schedule - namely South Carolina going first - is receiving quite a bit of blowback:

“The White House put a lot of people in a difficult situation because nobody wants to be fighting the White House on this thing,” Green said. “The obvious move is for people to say together that it should be a diverse state that is competitive in the general election like Nevada, Georgia and North Carolina, and let the White House choose which one they want to go first.” 

Over the past few days, the trio of alternatives have taken on new consideration as calls for another choice intensify. Those three states have been discussed among Democrats who want to maximize the party’s chances of winning against the eventual Republican nominee in 2024, regardless of who’s on the ticket on their own side.  

I did not realize until reading this article (and subsequently checking) that Nevada's black population is 10.6%, not far off from the national average.  Considering it checks all the other boxes, it really seems like the ideal candidate to go first.  Just switch it and SC so the latter can go second with NH.

Anyway, I find all this consternation about it rather amusing considering if Biden does run the primary schedule for 2024 will not matter at all.  And the DNC has been clear this is only for 2024.

It's beyond my belief, it really is.  Especially as he does this AFTER CRYPTO CRASHED AND REVEALED HOW BIGLY IT WAS FRAUD AND THEFT.

This is even beyond Giuliani at the 4 Seasons garden center.

Saturday Night Live and the Onion couldn't have even come up with this.

As for Baked Alaska -- ya, he sees he was owned, owned, owned.

27 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Compare and contrast a fasces bundle with the Mace of the House of Representatives.  Discuss.

https://history.house.gov/Collection/Listing/2006/2006-162-000/#:~:text=The silver mace%2C symbol of,Adams%2C a New York silversmith.

Zorral -- oic, interesting! The Eagle is both bigger and superior against the Western Hemisphere (including Cuba). More, it seems to be authoritatively grasping it in Her talons. If the world continues its trend away from globalization towards regionalization, the Mace seems more ... ominous.

20 minutes ago, LongRider said:
Believe it dumbshit.

LongRider -- the lesson is to never go against the USG, unless you're willing to die. Paradoxically, never become its ally, unless you're also willing to die.

Last Sunday, when at dinner with friends, they talked about a Republican woman (Congress person?) who discovered she had an ectopic pregnancy and because of the state’s laws, the doctors could not perform an abortion. They told her that she has a risk of dying without an abortion. I see the US averages 50 deaths a year from ectopic pregnancy, but I assume the numbers are on the rise now, since the usual treatment is removal.

They couldn’t remember her name or the state, had anyone heard this story? Or is it a generic story making the rounds?

5 minutes ago, Lord of Oop North said:

I heard about this earlier and thought it was a joke. Just unbelievable. Hahaha fuck, I don't even know how you respond to that.

By trying to sell knockoff discounted ones for $49.99? 

4 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

As amusing as that guy's whining is, but let's be clear he is not going to jail for the primus inter pares of all Florida man (173).

He is going to jail for participating in a coup attempt. 

He won't go to jail despite a coup attempt and stealing top secret documents.

As amusing and pathetic as the Trump Trading Cards may be, the former president did issue another, much more disturbing announcement. I don't see Trump ever enacting any of these himself, partly because he's not winning the White House, and partly because of sheer incompetence, but the notions expressed do seem to be in line with conservative dogma and I could see a President DeSantis managing a sort of half-assed implementation of them.

The original article vanished on me, but this piece sums up the relevant points (apart from heavy handed tinkering with section 230) :

Trump vows 'free speech' reform of government, universities, media, tech firms if elected in 2024 (msn.com)

• Donald Trump on Thursday announced an aggressive and ambitious plan to undo what he characterized as the suppression of free speech in the U.S. if he is elected president in 2024.
  • Trump promised to target government agencies and employees, universities and tech companies with executive orders and policies aimed at their purported censorship of speech and ideas.
  • "The censorship cartel must be dismantled and destroyed and it must happen immediately," said the Republican, who is prone to linguistic hyperbole and over-promising when announcing plans.

9 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I thought this was satire when I saw a tweet about it,

Still not sure it isn't. Cowboy Trump? Astronaut Trump? Jet pilot Trump? And have you seen those things? I could do better with ten minutes on a 20-year-old Mac. They make the Bored Apes look professional.

4 hours ago, mormont said:

Still not sure it isn't. Cowboy Trump? Astronaut Trump? Jet pilot Trump? And have you seen those things? I could do better with ten minutes on a 20-year-old Mac. They make the Bored Apes look professional.

We *are* talking about Donald Trump. 

He could make anything look professional.

Archived