X (née Twitter): Elmo has no good ideas

Week

8 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

“Eks”

Funny but, and I shit you not, Amazon appears to own the trademark to Eks.  Maybe this is why you shouldn't fall in love with a letter?

Some one liners crossing my mind:

1. It's just a letter, it can't love you back.  

2. Good for 8 points in scrabble and not much else. 

3.  I thought Numerology was stupid and then I met alphabetology.

4. The blue bird died, x marks the spot.

Funny/not funny? 

16 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Funny but, and I shit you not, Amazon appears to own the trademark to Eks.  Maybe this is why you shouldn't fall in love with a letter?

Funny/not funny? 

More and more I’m thinking this exercise in brand management was a dictate handed down from on high by Generalisimo Musk and not something that was cooked up as part of a coordinated marketing strategy. 

45 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Funny/not funny? 

1. Nah

2.Kinda

3.Nah.

4.Yeah, that's a good one actually.

Twitter Threatens Legal Action Against Nonprofit That Tracks Hate Speech
The Center for Countering Digital Hate said it had received a letter from X, Twitter’s parent company, accusing it of trying to hurt the social platform with its research.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/31/technology/twitter-x-center-for-countering-digital-hate.html

.... X Corp., the parent company of the social media company, sent a letter on July 20 to the Center for Countering Digital Hate, a nonprofit that conducts research on social media, accusing the organization of making “a series of troubling and baseless claims that appear calculated to harm Twitter generally, and its digital advertising business specifically” and threatening to sue.

The letter cited research published by the Center for Countering Digital Hate in June examining hate speech on Twitter, which Mr. Musk has renamed X.com. The research consisted of eight papers, including one that found that Twitter had taken no action against 99 percent of the 100 Twitter Blue accounts the center reported for “tweeting hate.” The letter called the research “false, misleading or both” and said the organization had used improper methodology.

The letter added that the center was funded by Twitter’s competitors or foreign governments “in support of an ulterior agenda.”

Imran Ahmed, the chief executive of Center for Countering Digital Hate, said, “Elon Musk’s actions represent a brazen attempt to silence honest criticism and independent research.” He added that Mr. Musk wanted to “stem the tide of negative stories and rebuild his relationship with advertisers.”

The center also said it did “not accept any funding from tech companies, governments, or their affiliates.” ....

16 minutes ago, Zorral said:

The Center for Countering Digital Hate said it had received a letter from X, Twitter’s parent company, accusing it of trying to hurt the social platform with its research.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/31/technology/twitter-x-center-for-countering-digital-hate.html

What an asshole.

-

What and asshole.

19 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

So who owns the trademarks for Ex, Exe, Exx, Ecs, Ehx, Ehxe, Ehcs, and Ehks? :)

21 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

More and more I’m thinking this exercise in brand management was a dictate handed down from on high by Generalisimo Musk and not something that was cooked up as part of a coordinated marketing strategy. 

Of course it was dumb idea. His kid is named X. 

They are slow-converting "Tweets" to "posts" now so that if you refresh it shows you "new posts". 

Tweets are still used in various places. and the app is still called Twitter (the logo has been replaced not the name), but I think the idea is slowly remove both of those things.

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

Truth is an absolute defense… this suit is a loser and likely to cost Twitter money it can’t afford to lose.