The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #7

LongRider

Just now, A True Kaniggit said:

Hmmmm. 

I had an anecdote I was going to tell in defense of drill sergeant’s . 

But T.I.s aren’t drill sergeant’s, are they?

Oh I wasn't complaining. :D

Drill sergeants are the very best Americans. I wish I could have one of those nutcases pop into my house once a week and scream me into productivity. 

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I just found out my wife spends £27 on shampoo, I'm absolutely flabbergasted, her hair is very shiny though. 

What about conditioner, hair mask, leave in conditioner and heat protector? :leaving:  Oh yep, female haircare costs a bloody fortune… :lol: 

Edited by RhaenysBee

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

What about conditioner, hair mask, leave in conditioner and heat protector? :leaving:  Oh yep, female haircare costs a bloody fortune… :lol: 

I don’t even know what most of this stuff is! :dunce:

But the spouse is probably happy, given BFC’s comment on his missus hair products! :lol:

This seems helpful-

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/05/safe-overnight-parking-lot-sleep-in-car-rv-homelessness-housing-shelter

Several U.S. communities have rents and property that far outstrips wage and salary for many occupations. This puts a sizeable grouo of people in a terrible bind.

Many in recent years have resorted to living in vehicles due to being trapped in high cost of living areas, they are often working in a locale but unable to secure any affordable housing.

A non-profit is working to alleviate this terrible stress, you can read about some of the doable, practical solutions they've come up with in the link above.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

One of the last heroes from WW 2, a fellow named Mike Sadler, just died at the age of 103. He was the last surviving member of the S.A.S., the Special Air Service, which was formed in 1941. He became an incredible navigator through the deserts of North Africa, leading the other members of the team to German bases where they planted bombs and blew up equipment, fuel, and aircraft before slipping away into the desert. There are lots of stories on the internet, I won’t try to repeat the stories.

The S.A.S.was the model for various special forces units in armies around the world.

The BBC recently did a series about the unit called SAS: Rogue Heroes. I haven’t seen it, I don’t think it’s been picked up by anyone in Canada. If you remember the old tv series, The Rat Patrol, I suspect it was based on some of the exploits of the SAS.

eta: I’m just noting here that the SAS was part of the British forces, in case you didn’t know. Sadler died in a nursing home in Cambridge.

Edited by Fragile Bird

Haven't they shut down the Max production line?

Just checked. They had to shut it down temporarily a couple of years ago. Now they are reducing it.

Note they introduced it to rival Airbus, whose big planes are more fuel efficient, and actually fly safely.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

17 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Haven't they shut down the Max production line?

Just checked. They had to shut it down temporarily a couple of years ago. Now they are reducing it.

Note they introduced it to rival Airbus, whose big planes are more fuel efficient, and actually fly safely.

There’s a Netflix documentary about the cunts. They represent the absolute worst of capitalism.