Marvel: The Echo of Profitability

Rhom

I watched the rest of the What Ifs last week.  They were… fine.  But they didn’t have quite the same connection as season 1.  I tend to agree with other posters that the best episodes were ones that took an actual film moment and branched off from there.  So I liked the Hela and the Ten Rings episode probably the best.  I like Captain Carter, but I’m not sure how she became the main character of the series. 

For a relatively short show, it was enjoyable enough.

Spoiler

I liked the shot of Loki’s Tree at the end.

I never got around to watching the Netflix Marvel shows.  I know Daredevil is the best of them.  I wonder if I should make an effort to watch it before Echo?

15 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I never got around to watching the Netflix Marvel shows.  I know Daredevil is the best of them.  I wonder if I should make an effort to watch it before Echo?

I would watch it because it is good. It certainly gives you a much better background on Kingpin and Daredevil.
I would also add in Punisher season 1 to your watchlist. Other Netflix shows are optional, Jessica Jones was good in places.

Watching them might make you extra disappointed by Echo however.

12 minutes ago, Rhom said:

It's really good, as is Jessica Jones. I'm actually pretty sure even the weakest of the three Daredevil seasons will be better than Echo, so it's definitely worth watching in its own right. But is it necessary to watch it to understand what's happening in Echo? I don't think so.

Daredevil season 1 is absolutely worth it to get more kingpin.

After that the best one is Jessica Jones season 1, which is probably better than daredevil overall. But has nothing to do with echo.

I would probably do:

Daredevil Season 1

Jessica Jones Season 1

Daredevil Season 2

If you were intrigued enough by Luke Cage in JJ, then Luke Cage Season 1 (starts great, ends badly)

Read a synopsis of Iron Fist Season 1 but for the love of god don’t watch it

Defenders

Punisher Season 1

Daredevil Season 3

That’s all the good seasons of the Netflix stuff, but I agree Echo won’t lean on any of it. But Daredevil is a great show worth watching anyway (it’s annoying that Defenders is kinda Daredevil 2.5 so you’d need to watch it to understand Season 3, but then you kinda need Iron Fist to understand Defenders).

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Its a shame the Multiverse can't get us a meeting between MCU Steve Rogers and the original Fox Fantastic Four Johnny Storm.

Feels like the kind of thing Deadpool 3 should definitely shoot for.

They can do Cable vs Thanos in the same movie too!

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Its a shame the Multiverse can't get us a meeting between MCU Steve Rogers and the original Fox Fantastic Four Johnny Storm.

Feels like the kind of thing Deadpool 3 should definitely shoot for.

Reminds me of Nick Locarno showing up on Star Trek: Lower Decks and Rutherford commenting about Locarno and Tom Paris “they have the… same… face”… because they were played by the same actor.

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

The first 2 episodes were good. Definitely better than the recent MCU shows. I improved my opinion of the Daredevil fight scene after seeing the entire context.

Spoiler

I was worried that Maya actually killed Kingpin and the future Daredevil show was just going to be a prequel then, but I'm glad that's not the case. (yet)

Also interesting angle with the Choctaw ancestors and apparent magical powers. At first I thought there might have been a connection with the Kahhori What If episode, even though those were Mohawk. 

48 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

The first 2 episodes were good. Definitely better than the recent MCU shows. I improved my opinion of the Daredevil fight scene after seeing the entire context.

Hide contents

I was worried that Maya actually killed Kingpin and the future Daredevil show was just going to be a prequel then, but I'm glad that's not the case. (yet)

Also interesting angle with the Choctaw ancestors and apparent magical powers. At first I thought there might have been a connection with the Kahhori What If episode, even though those were Mohawk. 

There is a connection to season 2 of What If..., but not narratively - they share one actor in common - Devery Jacobs, who plays Bonnie in Echo.

Saw the first episode of Echo, it was pretty good. My only real complaint is the fact that it reuses a lot of scenes from the Hawkeye show, that came out two years ago. This wouldn't be that huge of an issue, if not for the fact that Alaqua Cox visually looks a lot more skinny, whenever we cut to a Hawkeye scene. That being said, I imagine this wont be an issue moving forward, now that we are out of the past.

Edited by sifth

Echo seems great so far. Not as good as a new DD season, but really enjoyable. Liked the local characters and the various stores and scenery were good, too. Loved the train scene. Bit slow to get going, but it takes off nicely. 

I'll spoiler tag this out of caution, it's not much of a spoiler.

Spoiler

Just like any DD season it's always highly interesting when you see any part of Kingpin's organization. It was nice to see it from this angle.