LØkI, a TVA/Disney+ series [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

The robots might be just the equivalents of Life Model Decoys that are copies of the Timekeepers, because the idea of them getting into a room with two Lokis who now both have the goal is to kill them seems like something they wouldn't want to do.  Or if not LMDs perhaps just drones piloted remotely by the actual Timekeepers.  Assuming there are no Timekeepers isn't actually warranted by anything we've seen so far.  The simplest explanation is the Timekeepers are not dumb and not reckless to give an audience to either Loki.

15 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

The robots might be just the equivalents of Life Model Decoys that are copies of the Timekeepers, because the idea of them getting into a room with two Lokis who now both have the goal is to kill them seems like something they wouldn't want to do.  Or if not LMDs perhaps just drones piloted remotely by the actual Timekeepers.  Assuming there are no Timekeepers isn't actually warranted by anything we've seen so far.  The simplest explanation is the Timekeepers are not dumb and not reckless to give an audience to either Loki.

The problem with this explanation is that it ignores the structure of a show like this. They've set up a reveal and the answer "these same guys but they were being careful" is not going to be satisfying. 

@Kal Corp makes a convincing argument for it being a Loki. I don't know what else explains that massive red branch when the two Lokis were bonding in an apocalypse. The only way they could have had an effect is if the sacred time line plan always involved the TVA rescuing them. Or bad writing. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

The problem with this explanation is that it ignores the structure of a show like this. They've set up a reveal and the answer "these same guys but they were being careful" is not going to be satisfying. 

Yeah. Plus, nearly everyone watching decided that the Timekeepers are probably fake about five minutes after their being introduced- there not being in-show evidence doesn't mean there's no reason to believe it on a storytelling level, the show's been signposting their fakeness since week 1 even before the reveal.  

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

@Kal Corp makes a convincing argument for it being a Loki. I don't know what else explains that massive red branch when the two Lokis were bonding in an apocalypse. The only way they could have had an effect is if the sacred time line plan always involved the TVA rescuing them. Or bad writing. 

Yea I can’t see a satisfying answer to this, the whole point of the apocalypse settings is that nothing matters. 

Something I’d forgotten from a few episodes ago; remember when Mobius swore he didn’t make the ring marks on the table? It seems like the TVA/Ravonna might be wiping his memory all the time to get the outcome they want. Or maybe he keeps cottoning on to the lies over and over again and they have to keep resetting him.

9 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea I can’t see a satisfying answer to this, the whole point of the apocalypse settings is that nothing matters. 

Something I’d forgotten from a few episodes ago; remember when Mobius swore he didn’t make the ring marks on the table? It seems like the TVA/Ravonna might be wiping his memory all the time to get the outcome they want. Or maybe he keeps cottoning on to the lies over and over again and they have to keep resetting him.

Resetting him or getting a new Mobius variant?

7 hours ago, briantw said:

I saw elsewhere some speculation that the post credit scene doesn’t take place in an apocalypse but rather the Marvel version of Limbo. 

I read that it's someplace called Chronopolis and related to Kang. (The words in this sentence mean nothing to me.)

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a36901371/loki-fan-theory-jonathan-majors-kang-the-conquerer/

13 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

I read that it's someplace called Chronopolis and related to Kang. (The words in this sentence mean nothing to me.)

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a36901371/loki-fan-theory-jonathan-majors-kang-the-conquerer/

According to that article, Chronopolis is the city that Kang rules.  The city in the post credit scene pretty clearly seems to be New York, as a ruined Avengers tower is prominent in the background.  

45 minutes ago, briantw said:

According to that article, Chronopolis is the city that Kang rules.  The city in the post credit scene pretty clearly seems to be New York, as a ruined Avengers tower is prominent in the background.  

I took it another way - that the ruined avengers tower is one of the many things that got 'pruned' with their explosive disintegrating devices, and got dumped there along with everything else. So you get the Lokis - and Mobius, and Avengers Tower, and some part of Midgard, and some random other buildings, and they all just fall there in a giant disposal pile. 

3 hours ago, Kal Corp said:

I took it another way - that the ruined avengers tower is one of the many things that got 'pruned' with their explosive disintegrating devices, and got dumped there along with everything else. So you get the Lokis - and Mobius, and Avengers Tower, and some part of Midgard, and some random other buildings, and they all just fall there in a giant disposal pile. 

I think another building is Strange's Sanctum from NYC. On the left side of the screen.

Now I know why Vader specified no disintegrations, he didn't want the hassle of a trip out to some wasteland far far away.

These MCU Disney+ shows sure like to kill off fan theories - add Loki righting the falling tower from the previous episode as evidence he had a time stone to the discard pile, along with Mephisto et al. I suspect it may have been the effect of time constraints (ironic if true) forcing the effects team to resort to just reversing the falling footage.

I do like @Kal Corp's theory about a Loki being behind it all, though nothing worse than having a council of your own variants on your case.

Now if everyone and their pet alligator is a variant, I wonder if the TVA as an organization has a variant in our near reality?

2 hours ago, ithanos said:

I do like @Kal Corp's theory about a Loki being behind it all, though nothing worse than having a council of your own variants on your case.

Canonically I believe there are only two such councils (that we've seen) in the comics - the council of Reed Richards and the Council of Kangs. The Captain Britain Corps might qualify as well.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:04 AM, john MCG said:

How they’re dealing with the gender fluidity thing bothers me. We know Loki is gender fluid on the sacred timeline but all we get to see is one male version and one different female version? Neither of them change at any point? That’s not exactly making the most of that concept.

Yeah, that was disappointing. Sylvie and Loki both sticking with the gender they were born into their whole lives is the opposite of fluid.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:20 PM, DaveSumm said:

Everyone got a bit carried away with the fluidity, it makes sense for an internal TVA document to list him as fluid because you might encounter a Loki of either sex.

You might encounter anyone of any sex, if it's just a matter of random variation at time of conception in different timelines. There's no reason to single out Loki based on what we've seen in the show.

6 hours ago, mormont said:

Canonically I believe there are only two such councils (that we've seen) in the comics - the council of Reed Richards and the Council of Kangs. The Captain Britain Corps might qualify as well.

I think all three qualify.  I don't know much about the Council of Reeds, as it's from after I stopped reading regularly...but the Council of Cross Time Kangs was such a great idea. The Avengers run that introduced it in the early 90s...it was originally a Nebula plot, but was later retconned to being Ravonna disguised as Nebula...so mYbe there is something there...?

(I've seen it said the Council of Reeds was the inspiration for the Council of Ricks...but it had to be the Kangs instead, right?)

5 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

A Loki could just be any kid that Odin decided to adopt around that time for any reason. They don’t all have to be the child of Laufey. 

Well, in that regard, her name on the MCU fandom wiki is Sylvie Laufeydottir, which strongly suggests she was the daughter of Laufey.  Either way, just saying on my pyramid of incest, yourself beats your sister.

Archived