Star Wars: Far Far Away From What You Want It To Be

SpaceChampion

On 3/20/2024 at 3:03 AM, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Someone made a very apt vide about The Acolyte.

And actually someone made a video with precisely your title.

Edited by Calibandar

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how much these retro-ish CGI cartoons inspired by Clone Wars cost relative to the state of the art. 

If they announced they were doing a Star Wars Legends: Heir to the Empire series adapting the Zahn trilogy, I'd watch it.

Spoiler

So she did join the Inquisitors... Interesting. I read a speculation post just last week about that, but had no idea it'd be confirmed so soon. 

Spoiler based on trailer, no more.

Edited by Myrddin

1 hour ago, Ran said:

I wonder how much these retro-ish CGI cartoons inspired by Clone Wars cost relative to the state of the art. 

I think the main appeal is how fast they are to produce.

The Bad Batch has knocked out 3x16 episode seasons in 3 subsequent years, which is clearly vastly superior to the production rates of the live-action shows or what a state-of-the-art, Arcane-ish animated show would take. The quality is good enough and it's a great show, if one a lot of people are sleeping on (and the third series is a serious uptick on the first two, with incredible music and a very Andor-ish vibe).

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

I think the main appeal is how fast they are to produce.

The Bad Batch has knocked out 3x16 episode seasons in 3 subsequent years, which is clearly vastly superior to the production rates of the live-action shows or what a state-of-the-art, Arcane-ish animated show would take. The quality is good enough and it's a great show, if one a lot of people are sleeping on (and the third series is a serious uptick on the first two, with incredible music and a very Andor-ish vibe).

Wholly agree.

I think there's been only one really clunker of an episode during Season of Bad Batch.

But with just two episodes remaining, I'm not sure how they're going to land this with the constraints of existing canon...

I also still expect that the elite tracking Storm Troooper who's been hunting Omega will turn out to be 

Spoiler

Tech...though how, I don't know how...

My son is watching Star Wars with us now. We have watched movies 1-4 and are on season two of Clone Wars. I think we’re watching Empire this weekend. But between clone wars, rebels and bad batch there is like 200 more episodes of animated tv to watch.

I am really not looking forward to movies 8-9. Tbh I dislike the last trilogy so much now. Like movies 1-3 are alright (some good some great some bad some cringe) but it sets up nice arcs for characters and there is lots of good moments even if most of them are from the animated series. And it makes a nice bookend from the republic to its collapsing into the Emptie and then back into the republic. But I don’t know what to do with the last movies. Where seven starts just makes 4-6 feel pointless. Like who am I supposed to root for at the end of it all? Like Rey is alive and she’s cool but everyone else is dead. Just no magic anymore.

Edited by Arakasi

24 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

My son is watching Star Wars with us now. We have watched movies 1-4 and are on season two of Clone Wars. I think we’re watching Empire this weekend. But between clone wars, rebels and bad batch there is like 200 more episodes of animated tv to watch.

I am really not looking forward to movies 8-9. Tbh I dislike the last trilogy so much now. Like movies 1-3 are alright (some good some great some bad some cringe) but it sets up nice arcs for characters and there is lots of good moments even if most of them are from the animated series. And it makes a nice bookend from the republic to its collapsing into the Emptie and then back into the republic. But I don’t know what to do with the last movies. Where seven starts just makes 4-6 feel pointless. Like who am I supposed to root for at the end of it all? Like Rey is alive and she’s cool but everyone else is dead. Just no magic anymore.

Pretend that nothing after 6 exists…do it for your son! On a side note, which ep is his favourite so far?

21 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Was he shocked by the events of the third episode ? That was my first SW movie as a kid and I’d never seen a hero turn into a villain like that in a film before…great memories !

My son was about three or four.  We watched in Episode order… I had seen my son cry because he was hungry or hurt or sleepy… but when Anakin killed those younglings, I saw him cry emotional tears of angst for the first time and he said with real pain in his voice “Daddy, Anakin can’t be bad!!!”  It broke my heart and I will never forget that.

58 minutes ago, Rhom said:

My son was about three or four.  We watched in Episode order… I had seen my son cry because he was hungry or hurt or sleepy… but when Anakin killed those younglings, I saw him cry emotional tears of angst for the first time and he said with real pain in his voice “Daddy, Anakin can’t be bad!!!”  It broke my heart and I will never forget that.

This almost makes me wanna have kids just so i could make them experience the stuff i grew up on :P On a side note its pretty impressive your sons able to comprehend these types of films at that age! i wouldve thought youd have to be like 8 to even process and understand what is happening in the film. 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

12 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

This almost makes me wanna have kids just so i could make them experience the stuff i grew up on :P On a side note its pretty impressive your sons able to comprehend these types of films at that age! i wouldve thought youd have to be like 8 to even process and understand what is happening in the film. 

Kids develop a sense of morality around 3 or 4.

Tried my best to gatekeeep this beautiful world from a friend of mine whose favourite characters are along the lines of Griffith from Berserk (that should be enough but more for those yet to encounter) Light from Death Note, Eren (cuckoo version) from AoT. and yeah Bateman. I mean he isnt really that fucked up but belongs to the cults that idolize those Gosling, Gyllenhaal sigmoid characters. Thankfully Travis Bickle and Rust Cohle have escaped him. *

And he loved it. That's Star Wars to you! Though all Darth Vader stans needn't be the same as the aforementioned incels. 

Edited by TheLastWolf
* yet

• 3 weeks later...