Star Wars: Critical Divide (This is the way)

Myrddin

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 3:00 PM, IlyaP said:

I would watch it, but I'm nowhere near home, in a sun-drenched country pub with the missus! 

But I will watch it this week. (I struggle with non-movies, due to horrific ADHD that makes squirrels look positively chill by comparison.)

Its a few weeks on so reminder to watch it :p Its great.

Watching the trailer for Ahsoka and seeing Ray Stevenson in it after multiple things in the last couple of months with Lance Reddick has me really feeling the loss of so many artists over the last few years. Getting older sucks. But even that aside both of them should have had another couple of decades.

7 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Bwahahahaha! Have I told you that you're terrific? 'Cause you really are! <3 

Baldur's Gate 3 and The Book of Jhereg and job applications are currently devouring all my free time (been job hunting since March, just after we got married). 

7 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Watching the trailer for Ahsoka and seeing Ray Stevenson in it after multiple things in the last couple of months with Lance Reddick has me really feeling the loss of so many artists over the last few years. Getting older sucks. But even that aside both of them should have had another couple of decades.

Absolutely concur. Lance in particular. My god. That man. His voice. AGENT BROOOOYYYLLEEEESS forever. (#Fringe baby, Fringe!)

There is a saying that I've heard from friends in Dagestan, which I've always quite liked, that you're not old until you're dead. If we take that and like, handcuff it to Sir Terry's comment about you're never dead if you're remembered, then I feel like we have a potentially interesting fusion musing there. 

31 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Absolutely concur. Lance in particular. My god. That man. His voice. AGENT BROOOOYYYLLEEEESS forever. (#Fringe baby, Fringe!)

There is a saying that I've heard from friends in Dagestan, which I've always quite liked, that you're not old until you're dead. If we take that and like, handcuff it to Sir Terry's comment about you're never dead if you're remembered, then I feel like we have a potentially interesting fusion musing there. 

Sir Terry has a lot in common with one of the main themes of One Piece as well on that front and they certainly aren't going to be forgotten any time soon.

I think it was the Invincible prequel episode Atom Eve that got me the most with Lance as I wasn't expecting it, then his voice is instantly distinctive.

9 hours ago, karaddin said:

Holy crap, I didn't know Ray Stevenson passed away. That's so sad :wacko:

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Andor

I just love how this always happens when Ser Rodrigo starts to complain XD

45 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

I just love how this always happens when Ser Rodrigo starts to complain XD

He shouldn't be throwing words like "literally" around so lightly.

Anyway, I re-watched seasons 3 and 4 of Rebels. Looking forward to Ahsoka, though I'll be out of town next week so I'll have to wait to watch the first 2 episodes. Why did Disney have to put such a long break between Secret Invasion and Ahsoka

I can't say I've really watched more than a few episodes of Rebels, I've seen Clone Wars, but I really don't get the love for Ashoka as a character, maybe she is more likable in Rebels but she is insufferable for much of CW. 

This show, from the trailers, seems much more in the Book of Boba Fett / Obi Wan barrel of turds than something like Andor so can't say there is much reason to watch it.

12 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

This show, from the trailers, seems much more in the Book of Boba Fett / Obi Wan barrel of turds than something like Andor so can't say there is much reason to watch it.

We need to know what happened to Ezra. 

That's my reasoning. The final episode of Rebels was a doozy of a cliffhanger. 

30 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I can't say I've really watched more than a few episodes of Rebels, I've seen Clone Wars, but I really don't get the love for Ashoka as a character, maybe she is more likable in Rebels but she is insufferable for much of CW. 

She starts off kinda annoying but has really good character growth throughout CW, particularly in regards to her relationship with Anakin and the clones. 

Lets not start shitting on Ashoka before it’s even out… I’ll watch the first 2 eps for sure before really commenting on its quality. 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

Just now, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

She starts off kinda annoying but has really good character growth throughout CW, particularly in regards to her relationship with Anakin and the clones. 

I know people say that but i never thought she was very interesting. But then it’s a kids show and I’m not a kid. So what do I know 

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

Yes! I'm going to subscribe to Disney just to find out where Ezra ended up. I seem to remember he had Thrawn with him too. 

2 hours ago, IlyaP said:

No we don't.  Regardless he'll likely end up with Ahsoka in a new school of erstwhile jedi that is separate from Lukes so that it wont be destroyed by Kyler Ren and the Knights of stupid.