Star Wars: The Wrong Trousers

polishgenius

3 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I suppose Ahsoka only trained her in combat techniques. There was one shot in the trailer that made me think Sabine was trying to use the Force.

Yeah, the bit at 1:39-1:40 seems like she's trying to use the Force.

9 minutes ago, Ran said:

Yeah, the bit at 1:39-1:40 seems like she's trying to use the Force.

I don't understand the dispute actually - at least the trailer seems to be implying that Sabine is now going to be Ahsoka's apprentice and being trained in the Force.

2 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

I don't understand the dispute actually - at least the trailer seems to be implying that Sabine is now going to be Ahsoka's apprentice and being trained in the Force.

Just a bit weird that this may be a thing after all this time. We may call this season 5 of Rebels, but it does come with a significant time jump.

Just now, Corvinus85 said:

Just a bit weird that this may be a thing after all this time. We may call this season 5 of Rebels, but it does come with a significant time jump.

It does, though as far as I can tell everyone is really been just kinda sitting around. Sabine is literally sitting around from where we saw her last in Rebels season 4, in a shot by shot view.

27 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

It does, though as far as I can tell everyone is really been just kinda sitting around. Sabine is literally sitting around from where we saw her last in Rebels season 4, in a shot by shot view.

The Rebels epilogue fairly explicitly said Sabine had been on Lothal ever since Ezra and Thrawn left, and this is picking up directly from there. It was Hera, Chopper, and Zeb who went off to participate in the wider Rebellion 

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’ve only ever watched the pilot of Rebels… is it a million half hour episodes over 16,000 years like Clone Wars?

I watched it in a couple of days.  Four seasons.

My speculation: I don't think Sabine is a force-user specifically, but Ahsoka probably is her master in terms of teaching her how to use a lightsaber. Sith and inquisitors have hunted the Jedi for a generation now, I think maybe it's time to hunt them in turn, and Sabine is/has been trained to be that hunter.

7 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’ve only ever watched the pilot of Rebels… is it a million half hour episodes over 16,000 years like Clone Wars?

It's 4 seasons totalling... (thanks wikipedia) 75 episodes of about 20 mins each, so around 25 hours worth. Personally I think it never quite hits the absolute peaks of Clone Wars but it's far more consistently good so you're not sifting through dross waiting for the gems. From what I recall it has a bunch of good arcs and some great episodes, particularly the big Ahsoka ones of course.

Edit to add: I really hope the Ahsoka show is good. It has such potential but there's certainly been... variance in the quality of the Star Wars shows.

Edited by Poobah

I'd currently rank the Disney Star Wars series (that I have seen):

Andor

Visions 

The Bad Batch

The Mandalorian

The Book of Boba Fett

Kenobi

(Boba Fett and Kenobi may swap places as the worst, just depends how disappointed I feel about Kenobi's lost potential at the time I am making the list)

So would love to Ashoka reach Andor heights, but hope it is at least as good as the Bad Batch.

Yeah it looks good, but so did Ob-wan. However Ashoka is a great character (as you'd expect of a Dave Filoni character) and Rosario Dawson is great in the role.

But...this is all stuff Luke should be doing. It's what he does in the books. But Kathleen Kennedy sent him to an island to die. I'll never get over it.