R.I.P. Thread 3: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

Nictarion

Piper Laurie has died at age 91.  She was a three time Oscar nominee. She was born as Rosetta Jacobs and reportedly hated the stage name someone at Universal studios came up with for her, but her fame turned Piper into a girls' name in English speaking countries.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/3-time-oscar-nominee-piper-laurie-who-starred-in-the-hustler-and-carrie-dies-at-91/3124144/

Goodfellas heist crew member dies. He beat the heist rap, avoided getting whacked by DeNiro's character (the ringleader not wanting to share), but then was convicted for a later road rage incident.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/22/goodfellas-mobster-vinny-asaro-once-busted-in-6m-jfk-lufthansa-heist-dies/

Loved watching Night Court as a kid. It's nice that there's a reboot, I suppose, and it did well enough to get a second season, but it's not the same thing.

Moll was always so lovably dopey as Bull:

(Was shocked by the actress actually being Swedish. I had expected the usual gobbledygook.)

Edited by Ran

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Seeing reports that Matthew Perry died, sounds like a heart attack and drowned in jacuzzi? Multiple places are reporting it.  If true RIP Chandler Bong. 

I always enjoyed his Friends Character.  May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.

RIP.  :(