Star Wars - PTTSD

DaveSumm

28 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

That would be weird if they had CGI Mark Hammill and Carrie Fisher...but then had Alden Ehrenriech and Donald Glover in the Han and Lando roles. You either have to CGI them all, or get new actors for them all.  And then it would be weird if it's a new actor for Luke, since CGI Hammill has shown up a few times now.  One way I can kind of see it is if they have a new Luke actor (I know everyone wants Sebastian Shaw) grow a beard (since Luke is sporting a beard in the sequels).  That might help the transition to a new actor - kind of obscuring the entirely new face on the character.

It's a tough spot. If they have a movie where Thrawn presents a major threat to the New Republic, there's no way Luke and Leia sit on the sidelines (I would think).

If you have CG Luke and Leia briefly but you wanted to give OG Trilogy characters some prominence in what would probably be the biggest threat to show up between the Battle of Endor and Starkiller Base destroying Hosnian Prime, then that's one affordable way around it. Or you simply bench the whole OT cast except those you don't need to worry about (Artoo, Threepio and Chewbacca) with some story explanation. If they do the "Siege of Coruscant" storyline from the OG novels, that gives them an excuse to have the OT cast trapped off-screen on Coruscant with the Filoniverse characters racing to save the day.

12 minutes ago, Werthead said:

If you have CG Luke and Leia briefly but you wanted to give OG Trilogy characters some prominence in what would probably be the biggest threat to show up between the Battle of Endor and Starkiller Base destroying Hosnian Prime, then that's one affordable way around it. Or you simply bench the whole OT cast except those you don't need to worry about (Artoo, Threepio and Chewbacca) with some story explanation. If they do the "Siege of Coruscant" storyline from the OG novels, that gives them an excuse to have the OT cast trapped off-screen on Coruscant with the Filoniverse characters racing to save the day.

This feels like the best answer.

43 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Yes, she owes her life to Ezra, no doubt. All of this, for me, goes back to what I sad about the lack of knowledge of her whereabouts and actions during the main part of the civil war period and the immediate years after. Her motivations could have changed. 

But again we know they didn't - because we see her after the war looking for Thrawn. And the only reason that she would want to find Thrawn is to find Ezra. If she's trying to stop Thrawn and doesn't care about Ezra his location doesn't matter in the least, and the best thing she can do is stop Morgan, find the map and destroy it. 

But she doesn't do that, because she cares about finding Ezra. Except then, randomly, she decides that Thrawn being rescued is more important.

This also feels like a big hit for Hera. Hera could have been the one telling Ahsoka not to go after Ezra because of the threat. Hera could have been the one telling Sabine to destroy the map. Ahsoka could have been actually in line with Sabine instead. There was no need for them to have that conflict at all. Have Hera yelling at Sabine for losing this.

But no, we get Ahsoka doing this weird dance.

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Okay, I know this wasn't intentional, but now I want to know what the Hellfire Club would be like in the Star Wars Universe...

Now we know, Baylon is trying to defeat Vecna.  Even Thrawn and Queen Nightsister are scared of him and his demigorgons.  Vecna is better at the Force than anyone.

45 minutes ago, Leofric said:

Does this mean Thrawn is stranded in the our Galaxy, in the Milky Way, and Kevin Bacon is about to become canon in Star Wars as well as the Marvel Universe.

No. It's too close. 

Their galaxy is far, far away. Therefore, ours is far, far away from theirs. Thrawn's galaxy is merely "far" away. 

7 hours ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

It seems to me that the motivations should be reversed. Ahsoka should be the one who wants to rescue Ezra no matter what - because she is the one that owes Ezra her full existence.

Lots of people have saved Ahsoka's life at various times over the years. She'd obviously appreciate what Ezra did for her, but he's only an acquaintance for her, while Sabine lived with him for years. It makes perfect sense that she'd be the one most keen to rescue him.

On 9/28/2023 at 12:59 AM, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

I also don't get why on earth it matters at all about Ezra, or any of that plot. Sabine's only value is to go lead them to Ezra...but if they're leaving him on the planet what does he matter? I guess Ezra might have been causing problems, maybe, but it doesn't look like his horde of ninja turtles are doing a whole lot.

Well, my impression was that Thrawn didn't like the presence of Baylen and Shin, due to them having their own agenda, as well as the general unpredictability of Force users and intially sent them after Ezra and Sabine with the intention to remove them from equation by stranding them. It is only after Ahsoka showed up with the declared mission of stopping him, that he chose to commit his own resources, and again the goal was mainly to delay the protagonists, though actually killing them would have been a bonus.

Ezra hasn't been a problem while Thrawn had no way back - just a potential risk factor.

13 hours ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

But again we know they didn't - because we see her after the war looking for Thrawn. And the only reason that she would want to find Thrawn is to find Ezra.

Hard disagree that it would have been the _only_ reason. There were rumblings among the Imperials about him coming back - which needed to be investigated. Forewarned is forearmed. And of course she wanted to find Ezra and bring him home, but it makes perfect sense for her adult character to strand him if the alternative was Thrawn's immediate return and civil war going hot. She clearly didn't expect Morgan's enterprise to be as advanced as it turned out to be.

I also don't see why she should have gone after Moff Gideon - it is a big galaxy and a single person can't be everywhere and do it all. Particularly since with the fall of the Empire and splintering of it's loyalists there aren't single points of failure anymore either.

I may be easily amused, but I liked most of this episode. What stuck in my craw was the kangaroo court, which was a combination of  idiot balls and gaslighting the audience. It should be painfully obvious even to children that there was more than enough evidence and a crowd of witnesses for what happened. Just so unnecessary.

It was an alright fluff episode. It was sufficiently entertaining, without anyone talking about all the elephants in the room. And it kept frelling wasting Claudia Black and Wes Chatham and that's just not okay!

Andor is still better. Not by a little, but a lot.

12 hours ago, felice said:

Lots of people have saved Ahsoka's life at various times over the years. She'd obviously appreciate what Ezra did for her, but he's only an acquaintance for her, while Sabine lived with him for years. It makes perfect sense that she'd be the one most keen to rescue him.

Thanks -- been boggling a bit that this has needed spelling out. It seemed so obvious to me. 

2 hours ago, cock_merchant said:

Thrawn's witches can find the location of Ahsoka with their Harry Potter magic, why can't they find Ezra?

hehe, that there gave me pause. We don't get an explanation so we can only guess. Ezra figured out how to hide from their power (the Force is his ally) or Ezra is on the move a lot, as he told Sabine that the Noti don't stay in one place for long or they can't do the same on the planet because maybe something prevents them or...

4 hours ago, IlyaP said:

It was an alright fluff episode. It was sufficiently entertaining, without anyone talking about all the elephants in the room. And it kept frelling wasting Claudia Black and Wes Chatham and that's just not okay!

Now I knew it was her I can hear her voice in there, but yes - wasted. And I can't hear Wes at all.

The Chimera seems to have more advanced displays than the rest of the imperial fleet which I can only assume have been retrofitted in the galaxy less far away. I wonder if it's a spoiler for what happens to Thrawn that he never gets to expand these to the first order fleet?

Unless only Enoch can install them since he's one hell of a ship engineer.