Star Wars - PTTSD

DaveSumm

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Can't tell you why, but it just bored the living daylights out of me. It felt like a filler episode of an anime. The episode with the Frog Man Jedi, being mean to the clones, was another one I really didn't like, from season 4. Maybe just season 4 as a whole was a bust for me, aside from those Darth Maul episodes, towards the end.

Wow. The Umbra arc with the Jedi you mentioned is probably the best from season 4. But to each is own.

44 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Ok, what about the games? I've finished KOTOR and Battlefront the classics, is Fallen Order worth it?

10 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Survivor is getting even better reviews I hear. I'm down for them.

Depends on what platform you play it. Fallen Order has a good story. But I played it on PC and didn't enjoy aspects of its gameplay. It's a console game. I haven't played Survivor yet because of performance problems for PC.

13 hours ago, sifth said:

Can't tell you why, but it just bored the living daylights out of me. It felt like a filler episode of an anime. The episode with the Frog Man Jedi, being mean to the clones, was another one I really didn't like, from season 4. Maybe just season 4 as a whole was a bust for me, aside from those Darth Maul episodes, towards the end.

I agree with the Mon Calamari episodes being a bit dull and weird. But also have to second that Umbara was quite good. The visuals were quite striking and the moral dilemma of the clones turning against their Jedi was interesting... though I have to say that I was quite irritated at the reveal that the guy was a traitor. It felt quite typical for the show to set up a very dark premise and then flinch at the last moment, remembering that this is a kids show. Personally I would have found it far more tense if the Jedi was just callous and incompetent and the clones left to wonder whether they did the right thing taking him out.

28 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

That music is awesome.

Fantastic piece of fan work, all around. Though I had no idea Huyang is supposed to be that ancient from the show. I know he was around before the Clone Wars, but after this video I looked him up and he's supposed to be a thousand generations old?!?!

Well, another season is pretty much a must. Baylan's and Shin's storylines left open, Ahsoka and Sabine, Wes Chatham needs to get his chance to shine. Such a shame again about Ray Stevenson. 

I suppose another Ahsoka season

Spoiler

could be primarily in the Peridea galaxy, with a re-casted Baylan, and thus have a smaller character ensemble. Whatever power he's after requires exploration.

Then they get back to the main galaxy in time as Thrawn is ready to launch his big offensive.

The episode was very Rebels-like. Ahsoka vs. Morgan had some great choreography, which is not a surprise with Inosanto's background. Some characters were underused, cough Enoch cough.

Now that Ahsoka is over, I can do my Star Wars live-action shows ranking:

1) Andor season 1

<snip(s)> (there are way more dots)

2) Ahsoka (season 1)

3) The Mandalorian seasons 1 & 2

4) Obi-Wan Kenobi

5) The Mandalorian season 3

6) The Book of Boba Fett

8 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

That owl-like bird at the end looks like the one on the Mortis Gods' Daughter's shoulder here.

It's also a reference to Ezra's spirit guide in world's between worlds, or something.

Pretty unremarkable ending.

Well that went exactly how I predicted. Thrawn won, but did so in a way where he didn't kill or permanently harm any of the main characters. The only thing I got wrong was them doing nothing with Baylan. I honestly did not see that one coming, since he's easily been the best character on this show. He's basically an extra this week.

4 hours ago, sifth said:

Well that went exactly how I predicted. Thrawn won, but did so in a way where he didn't kill or permanently harm any of the main characters. The only thing I got wrong was them doing nothing with Baylan. I honestly did not see that one coming, since he's easily been the best character on this show. He's basically an extra this week.

The moment I saw the episode's runtime I knew we weren't going to get much Baylan. They were never going to cut down the finale fight scenes for his plot.

It's interesting that Thrawn really seemed afraid of the Jedi, and he was only projecting an assured aura in front of Morgan and the Great Mothers. It is reasonably justified given his experience with Jedi and the relatively small number of resources at his disposal.

Thrawn needed to win, otherwise he's no threat to anyone, let alone the New Republic. I was surprised that neither dark jedi was featured this week, except in the epilogue. I guess we do need a season 2 to see what happens with the four castaways.

I believe the next installment in the "Mandoverse" is Judd Law's Skeleton Crew. And then Mando season 4?

If they don't greenlight Ashoka season 2, I guess they can devote an episode of Mando to getting Ashoka and Sabine back home. Maybe they find a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy wrapped in a towel.

Chapter 42: The Encyclopedia Galactica only has three mentions of being able to catch a ride with purrgils. The first one was named Jonah and he basically was taken where he didn't want to go. The other hitchhiker wanted to be a real boy, but became a real snack instead. The third is still waiting for the purrgil to open its mouth to let her out. She's been around the seven galaxies eighteen times at the time of the fourth printing of the encyclopedia.

Edited by Myrddin

I also love all the bullshit about Ezra being 'no, I don't need a lightsaber' thrown out almost immediately at the start of the episode. 

Also, also, everyone is super up in arms about Sabine being able to massively use the force immediately without any real practice in getting it right, right? Or is it okay if you just sit there and practice and do nothing over and over again? I'll take the answer offline thanks Paul