Star Wars: Far Far Away From What You Want It To Be

SpaceChampion

I worry that the Disney board meeting would go like this:

Script Writer:  We have this idea for a Star Wars movie.  We really think we've got something here, think of it like Kill Bill meets Frozen.

Suit 1:  So we set the entire story on Hoth?

Suit 2: Wait... so we don't go to the desert planet that Luke is from?  Nanu Nanu or whatever its called?  Don't we always have to go there?

Script Writer:  Hoth?  Tattooine?  Wait... that's not what I really...

Suit 3:  Wait... I have a great idea... remember that planet that looked like snow but was really salt?  It was kind of like a desert... but looked like Hoth!

Big Suit:  Genius.  I like it.  We'll do Kill Bob but on the salty ice desert.  Good work people.

16 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

All Disney needs to do is adapt kotor, they will print money and make everyone happy. But no,instead we get frozen meets kill bill lol 

Feels like they're likely to ruin it if they try to do a live action version, unfortunately. Unless the Andor creators are tapped 

Obi-Wan is always going to have a special place in my heart, because the last 30 minutes have been watched by my 4 (now 5) year old about 100 times, got him into star wars where we've watched every film multiple times, and made Darth Vader his favorite character.  He's going to look back at it with the fondest memories of lightsaber duels with his dad, while it played in the background, using his little Vader voice saying "you broke my helmet".  So say what you will about it, but it made at least one new Star Wars fan, so in my eyes it was hugely successful.

11 hours ago, aceluby said:

Obi-Wan is always going to have a special place in my heart, because the last 30 minutes have been watched by my 4 (now 5) year old about 100 times, got him into star wars where we've watched every film multiple times, and made Darth Vader his favorite character.  He's going to look back at it with the fondest memories of lightsaber duels with his dad, while it played in the background, using his little Vader voice saying "you broke my helmet".  So say what you will about it, but it made at least one new Star Wars fan, so in my eyes it was hugely successful.

My little one watches videos of people from Eastern Europe dressed up as characters from Frozen, overlaid with basic AfterEffects visuals. 

Point being, kids have terrible taste. Nobody should have Obi Wan shown to them, it should be locked in a  vault and stories about this terrible show should be told to children to stop them from being naughty: ‘go to bed or Obi Wan will appear’

Patty Jenkins says Wonder Woman 3 is dead 'for the time being, easily forever,' gives Rogue Squadron update
The director is back to working on a script for the "Star Wars" film: 'I now owe a draft.'

https://ew.com/patty-jenkins-wonder-woman-3-over-rogue-squadron-update-8609149

When I left Star Wars to do Wonder Woman 3, and I started working on that, we talked about, ‘Well, maybe I’ll come back to Star Wars after Wonder Woman 3, so we started a deal for that to happen,” she said. “When Wonder Woman 3 then went away, Lucasfilm and I were like, ‘Oh, we’ve got to finish this deal.’ We finished the deal right as the strike was beginning, so I now owe a draft of Star Wars. So we will see what happens there. Who knows?”

“They have a hard job in front of them of, 'What’s the first movie they’re going to do?'" Jenkins said of Lucasfilm. "They have other directors who have been working, but I am now back on doing Rogue Squadron. We’ll see what happens. We need to get it to where we’re both super happy with it.”

Let's hope she got whatever that was in WW84 out of her system and she can get back to making better movies...

Having a fighter pilot for a father gives her a unique insight into that world. I'd like to see her tap into that, ideally in the Rogue One/Andor flavor of war story.  

1 hour ago, Myrddin said:

Let's hope she got whatever that was in WW84 out of her system and she can get back to making better movies...

Having a fighter pilot for a father gives her a unique insight into that world. I'd like to see her tap into that, ideally in the Rogue One/Andor flavor of war story.  

Agree.  Rogue One is one of the best "Star Wars" movies period and holds up well for rewatching. IMO it's in third place behind Ep 4 and 5.

4 hours ago, Myrddin said:

I don't know exactly what the production process was like, but based on some of the other recent DC stuff, I think it's likely the studio can take the lion's share of the blame on that one. 

These guys saw the critical reaction to Shazam! and said, "Yes! we need more like this and more of this. WW84 and Shazam! Fury of the Gods later...

Some of it looks pretty cool. Some of it makes me a little sad. I was not a fan of the prequel Jedi/sith wire-fu gymnastics, and they're doubling and tripling down. At the same time, you know, I do love good wuxia and they are obviously borrowing its choreography language here such as the masked woman sliding back dramatically when Force pushed.

It's also great to see multiple Jedi working together and investigating things.