Star Wars: Critical Divide (This is the way)

Myrddin

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

To be fair, the last time whales appeared in a massive space opera franchise with the word "Star" in the title, the results slapped. So I'm giving them some leeway on that one.

Also, I think the whales were just the mechanism to get Thrawn out of the GFFA for the duration, I'm not convinced they'll actually show up in this series (though their cameo in The Mandalorian last year suggests they might).

What series are you talking about? Literally the only other series I know that has space whales is Gundam Seed, lol

23 hours ago, dog-days said:

I know that since Qui Gon Jinn and probably earlier (depending on the hairstyle you picked in KotOR), force users have been using their powers to control their flowing locks so that they never get in the way at a vital moment. 

Still. Seriously. WOULDN'T IT BE EASIER TO HAVE A SHORT HAIRCUT?? I mean, come on. 

Have just watched episode 2, and I can see that my own Force powers influenced Sabine to give herself a haircut. Also mindwiping everyone who'd seen the episode before me so that they imagined the knife and helmet scene had always been there. 

On the one hand, everything seems pretty lame and predictable. On the other hand, Chopper is still a death metal sandwich of delight.  

Chopper: <gruff beeping> 

Hera: I can't just shoot it down, Chop. It would fall on the city!

4 hours ago, sifth said:

What series are you talking about? Literally the only other series I know that has space whales is Gundam Seed, lol

Thanos had armored space whales. Although they might have been giant space eels or space maggots . I dunno.

-

I have seen and judged.

The Good:

• Two episodes in and there hasn't even been a mention of Tattoine. 
  • Visually, this is the best thing they've done with SW in a while.
  •  Some good action sequences involving lightsabers and stuff. 
  • Chopper.  The rest of the cast.

The Bad:

• The lightsaber duel a the end of episode 1 was terrible .
  • I'm having a hard time buying that the map malarkey isn't total hoo-ha. If it's all about Whale migration, why is it a cryptic map in an ancient temple? They don't have marine biologists in that galaxy? If it isn't, how does this ancient map know where the hell Thrawn is? As others have pointed out, galaxies are like, really, really big. This would actually be a trivial complaint except they dedicate a lot of time to that map in the first two episodes. 
  • It's been a while; did Thrawn have anything to do with the night sisters? Was Sabine force sensitive?
  • Gods, the pacing. Tedious and stiff. Dare I say, "wooden?" Yeah. I do. Solid teak from top to bottom.

I hate to say it, because this accusation gets tossed out way too casually, but there are moments where this feels a lot like a high quality fan film. At any rate, I'll probably finish watching this but I'm not going to knock myself out to catch the latest episode or avoid spoilers. 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Doctor Who had a pretty bitching space-whale too.

Space whales are awesome and I am totally unopposed to them becoming part of the SW mythos.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the leviathan ships in Farscape count as space whales too. They're living, broadly whale shaped, and it's right there in the name. For the non Farscape fans this is very much a point in space whales favor.

17 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the leviathan ships in Farscape count as space whales too. They're living, broadly whale shaped, and it's right there in the name. For the non Farscape fans this is very much a point in space whales favor.

I LOVE MOYA!!!

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

• The lightsaber duel a the end of episode 1 was terrible .

In general the fight choreography hasn't been the best. I am making allowances for the fact that some of those involved are apprentices, so maybe that's on purpose? but even so.

10 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Oohhhh...I totally missed the idea that the first two episodes were a bit of a prequel/catch up to where Rebels left ofleft that actually makes some sense...kinda...

I don't see how that could be true.  Rebels took place 5 BBY to 0 BBY.   That scene was after the defeat of the Empire post Battle of Endor, 5 ABY.  In Rebels it must have been a flash-forward.

Is it just me, or does something seem a bit off about the dialogue in Ahsoka. I feel like everyone agrees on too many things, preventing conflict and there also seems to be long pauses in between lines.

22 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

IAlso is it just me or do the lightsabers look wrong ? Like they feel too heavy and the colour seems off. 

Could that be because we've never seen a white or orange blade before?