[Poll] How would you rate episode 806?

Ran

How would you rate episode 806?  

522 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

3 minutes ago, TNTW said:

believe I read they really wanted Tyrion to have a big role this episode. Mission accomplished and Peter D was really good.

Yes, Bran gave him a great reposte. The episode began with Tyrion finding Jamie's body. If only Tyrion had left him as a prisoner, his brother would still be alive. Yet again, Tyrion had screwed up, and he has done EVERY damn time for two seasons. So it was a brilliant touch for Bran to say he had to be the Hand to spend the rest of his life fixing his mistakes.

9 for me, a good finale for this show. My only problem  is that  if i had to rate the entire season, it will be far less than each individual episode. (except 4th which i didn't like). It was too rushed, so important twists like Dany "madness" and Jaime's arc were not explained enough. (at all ?).

Introduicing the unknown people who choosed the new king would have been cool too.

Last i feel sad for shippers, because Sam and Gilly apart, all surviving characters are alone when the story ends.

Edited by valgrel

6/10. I liked it, but while it's personally satisfying, it's far from being narratively satisfying. The dialogue is still awful, some things don't make sense, but they wouldn't change that now. I did like Dany's death scene, Bran being king (I can see this happening in the books maybe through a time skip with adult Bran pov), and the Stark montage at the end. A time for wolves huh? Not a problem for me.

Meh, bland and unsatisfying.

I wasnt going to write anything about this ending but I guess it will stand as some kind of catharsis.

Best scene of the episode was Drogon burning the Iron Throne.  If Dany doesnt have it no one does.  Her appearing with dragon wings was excellent also but a little vampiric.  She also changed from the White Queens clothes into Darth Vaders outfit further showing her dark side.

Scenes choosing Bran (come on, shouldnt he be underground somewhere?) as King and around the conference table were downright cartoonish.  Bronn magically reappears when the fighting is over.

At least tyrion didnt find Cercei alive, broken and in such pain he strangles her to put her out of her misery fulfilling the prophesy like I expected they were going to do.

Jon gets screwed and not like he was.  Better scene and more faithful to the series would have been her killing him first while kissing or even them killing each other if they wanted the same conclusion. 

Grayworm should have been offed.  He snapped, developed a war face and blindly followed orders.  I would not want to be a subject of his.

Who repaired the Wall and why do they even need a Night Watch now?  Ghost and jon for the shippers and suddenly Tormond has been struck mute.

I feel GRRM would not approve of this drivel.  Maybe they should have just skipped this year like Martin has done with the last books.  Certainly was better up to the end of the last one.

Edited by Ser Graymax

Can't believe what huge pile of dragon manure , show turned out to be as a whole. 

Westeros finally managed to reach political improvement almost to the level of Iron Islands, Bran the Broken will certainly make great king judging by one of d's words :

I would make a better ruler than You, which is unquestionably true and Stannis would be terrible king most likely. Ahhm. Because he is, he just, lacks feeling for the common humanity over which he is supposed to rule.

He also can't have children so that will make realm really stable. Those lords accepting Bran the Broken and Sansa taking half the kingdom, Bronn taking the Highgarden, randoms on council is truly laughable. Edmure would be better if he never appeared. 

Daenerys becoming Hitler, Drogon burning the throne just because, all the scenes dragging out, Arya the explora, Sansa "smartest" person Arya knows (since her company is d&d and show characters it isn't much surprise).

Grey worm saying "we are sailing to Naath", made me roll on the floor laughing.

I could berate it much more but all in all this show turned out to be huge disappointment, and as whole I give this last seasons and this episode rating of  1, I would give it -100 if possible.

If the story in the books is half similar , Martin just shouldn't bother, better focus on Wildcards, Dunk and Egg or F&B 2.

Edited by Eltharion21

Well, it depends.

If we are rating this ep as the conclusion of a show which identity and brand have been long devoid of what it used to be, and considering this finale makes no effort of reuniting with this brand (complex storylines, political stakes, etc), I'd rate it 3.

If we are rating this ep as an individual 75min piece, and we're talking just about acting, scenario and cosmectics in this single ep... then I think I can give it a 7.

If you absolutely need an average between these two POV, then it's going to be 5. :D

Overall, I'm fine with the way they drove the major characters's plotlines (except Jaime ffs). Almost every single conclusion that every character has, makes sense in the big picture. (it makes sense for Tyrion ending Hand, for Jon heading North, for Arya heading West, etc.) Only Bran was really unexpected (apart from bookmakers I see??), but I'm surprisingly of with it.

Too bad they had to rush the details, some dialogues, R+L=J was just a reason do divide Dany's squad... and, obvisouly, too bad how they dealt with the WWs.

4 hours ago, the tower of albion said:

So I see this has another all time low score. Glad I have chosen not to watch the finale. My resolve will remain strong. Maybe in 20 years time.

On now my friends and let us meet again for the Winds Of winter. :)

Actually, its not that bad.   It is fairly good.  People are rating it based on how they view the rest of season 8.  Which is a bit unfair.  But it is what it is.

Edit:  as others have stated, the episode could have been a 2-3 hour episode.   But what was done was fine.  Bit like RotK's end.

Can't wait for Winds of Winter :)

Edited by Tywin Tytosson

4 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Actually, its not that bad.   It is fairly good.  People are rating it based on how they view the rest of season 8.  Which is a bit unfair.  But it is what it is.

I thought the meeting between the great houses of Westeros was completely horrible and cringeworthy, especially Sam's proposal and the reactions to that. Worst scene of the entire show. Also Tyrion's meeting with the cabinet of fan favorites felt completly off.

I thought the beginning and the end were more or less decent.

8 minutes ago, Ajax Rules said:

I thought the meeting between the great houses of Westeros was completely horrible and cringeworthy, especially Sam's proposal and the reactions to that. Worst scene of the entire show. Also Tyrion's meeting with the cabinet of fan favorites felt completly off.

I thought the beginning and the end were more or less decent.

The reaction to Sam's proposal for universal suffrage are about what I'd expect from aristocratic families in a feudal society.

I liked where a lot of the characters ended up and there was some beautiful scenery (the wings sprouting before Dany, Dany being carried off by a mournful Drogon.)

It was far two hurried and the council of 'all the great lords' (lol) was ridiculous. Plus being ok with two OP Stark rulers in the North and South. I didn't expect much but the only thing that really and truly pissed me off was Bronn as Lord of the Reach. You know, the most bounteous land in Westeros and the center of chivalry, culture, and learning. Perfect for a mercenary who threatened two Lannister brothers, and will clearly be beloved by all the noble lords of the region and Oldtown.

Plus Sam as Maester- if the Night's Watch exists he has to go there. He just stole a bunch of stuff from the citadel and left. Plus his two kids? Run away with Sam and marry Gilly, you fool. Ok, now I'm just ranting. 

Edit for score: 3/10

Edited by fairwarging

Terrible episode, hideous, an culmination of this (and previous) season failings all boiling up into a ridiculous final episode which has all the hallmarks of the poor writing that has led up to this. Hence rated 1. My main issues:

• R + L = J has been handled in an atrocious way. Jon has diminished as a character, his arch was of no use unless you count it as a catalyst in Dany. going Anakin Skylwalker. Then to rub it in, he gets sent to the wall after everything he's done, all the sacrifice, the harsh life, you name it.
  • Dany's death - didn't feel anything. Drogon then burning the throne and taking her away instead of going mental? (would have been a better death for Jon and more impactful)
  • Bran? - What was the warging about? significance on the NK and their interactions? 3ER. Why did he seem so smug?
  • Bronn is the ruler of Highgarden, The Reach and Master of coin? Yeah ok, next we'll see D&D bringing back Jar Jar Binks and elevating him a newly formed Jedi council.
  • Westeros now consists of a few lords? where are all the other great lords? the bannermen? do they expect us to believe the fate of the continent is in the hands of the few surviving lords?
  • Tyrion is hand for the third time? Why must D&D continue to paint him as a saint, the scene where he finds Jamie and Cersei almost made me laugh if I didn't feel sorry for Jamie's butchered character (pun intended)
  • What of the Dothraki? yes the unsullied decide to go to Nath ( oh and why didn't they execute Jon when they found him after killing their beloved queen) The Dothraki are given no explanation as to what happens to them. 

Awful finale, terrible season, glad it's over

Edited by Ser Dalton Vaas
Typo