Andrew Tate - sex trafficker

BigFatCoward

9 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

While I couldn't give a fuck for any of them, I hope this relationship works out long term, because he has done the biggest shit ever over his own doorstep. 

Has he?

Seems to me Harry and Meghan's family has gone international in a particular way the British Royals never have. They'll enjoy doorsteps the world over that the other current Windsors will unlikewise never.

Anyway, BFC, can the UK case against Tate be reopened or has that sailed?   

Edited by JGP

8 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I would not want to emasculate you and make you feel week.

Well, you almost did. Thankfully I caught a quick glimpse of some sports scores and I had to itch my nether regions a bit, so crisis averted. At least I think it is; I am the stay-at-home parent in part because my wife’s career is much more important to her than mine is to me, so I strongly suspect I’ve already been at least *segmented*.

**15 points for anyone who caught the old Coupling reference. 

Edited by James Arryn

1 hour ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

But maybe not?

Yeah, reading this discussion has been a wild ride. It's not surprising that some men think like this, but they've really gone off the deep end.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

That's...less emasculating?  

There's no logic in sight, don't worry.

Agree with @James Arryn earlier who stated that the 'masculine' traits stated earlier are just people thinking of positive trait.

Did the last Men thread go up in flames? I forget. I feel like we had one at some point. I think discussions around masculinity are interesting, though this thread has demonstrated that a lot of people seem to have a very warped sense of what it is.

14 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I would not want to emasculate you and make you feel week.

You know, that makes me wonder about the ratio of active male to female posters [edit: since we're talking about specific gender roles, everyone else identifying otherwise included since I didn't make it implicit]

Thinking about Tate, as persona vs human being, and the entirely believable alleged crimes he's committed, would I be a dick in asking how many women on the board are reminded by him of other men in their lives, to whatever degree?      

Edited by JGP

Wait, no, I can bring this back on topic!

Putting aside the intricacies of the Meghan/Harry relationship, all this stuff about how he's 'emasculated', 'subservient', a lapdog, etc. fits very well with Tate's 'men do not fear you, your woman disagrees with you, your life is shit' stuff. It's the very same idea of masculinity that Tate promotes: masculinity is defined by being in charge, telling people what to do, people fearing you and so on. It's not being used to justify the repellent and criminal behaviour Tate is accused of, but it's the same conception of masculinity.

Ironically, it even fits with Harry's own decision to talk about how he killed 25 people in Afghanistan and didn't feel sad. Same toxic masculinity energy there. It's not the killing, it's the decision to talk publicly about it in those terms.

Tate, and for that matter Epstein, is where that attitude ultimately takes you: people who use 'masculinity' as an excuse to treat others, particularly women, as objects. Real masculinity is more concerned with respecting others than demanding respect.

58 minutes ago, mormont said:

Ironically, it even fits with Harry's own decision to talk about how he killed 25 people in Afghanistan and didn't feel sad. Same toxic masculinity energy there. It's not the killing, it's the decision to talk publicly about it in those terms.

I learned this just earlier today, but thank you for bringing it up mormont.

No way the publisher didn't know how provocative that was. Makes me question Harry's sense even if on the whole it's good to know and I couldn't agree with you more. So have you read the full account? Has he responded? If he has or does, how he does, I mean hell, or will it just get glossed over as that's war? 

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Yeah.  I mean, the visceral attitudes towards all of them is always funny to watch, but this one I really just don't understand.  So Harry taking Meghan's side is "emasculating," as opposed to what?  Harry taking his family's side and dumping his wife?  In other words, allowing your grandmama, douchebag father, and big brother, break up your marriage?  That's...less emasculating?  

I don't know if he swore an oath to honor his dad or his grandma above all others, but he definitely swore an oath, as an adult, of his own volition, to support his wife above all. I made that oath and I take it very seriously. I think a Real Man lives by his oaths, even if a bunch of right wing chuds with brittle definitions of masculinity don't like his wife.

6 minutes ago, Zorral said:

People who invoke 'game', hardly ever know what the game it is, are certainly not playing it with skill and finesse, they aren't even in the stadium where no game is taking place and there are no players and no viewers. 

I love you, Z lol

6 hours ago, cock_merchant said:

And the hit pieces are out in full force as expected. 

The Matrix and its agents.

There are thousands of more important people the matrix/deep state illumati/  secret cabal of lizard people/ would choose to get rid of first then some cyber pimp who runs a pyramid scheme 

‘Vulnerable boys are drawn in’: schools fear spread of Andrew Tate’s misogyny
The notorious TikTok ‘influencer’ may be in jail, but his ‘terrifying’ ideology has already taken hold in classrooms, teachers say

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/jan/07/andrew-tate-misogyny-schools-vulnerable-boys

Keep in mind, however, he's no competition for real eviLe, such as the sort that is the Duchess of Sussex.

On 1/6/2023 at 10:52 PM, Paladin of Ice said:

Let us know if you realize that you're in a cult-like scam before Hustler's University completely drains your savings. 

You know Tate’s going to be Refrenced in one of these incel mass shootings one of these days.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

So I guess I drop by in this thread to ask what the fuck this whole Andrew Tate business is and why anyone should care. I never heard of him before I happened to stumble across mentions of his arrest and something about human trafficking, catfishing women and a pizza box in a tweet attacking Greta Thunberg. Frankly, I didn't pay much attention to any of that until last Friday my students in a (all around very problematic) Politics class asked me whether I know of him. When I said that I vaguely heard of a guy like that being arrested for trafficking women three boys went on a rant about how the guy is innocent and it's just a smear campaign of "The Media"™ to silence a guy speaking "The Truth"™. What truth that is they couldn't tell me and who THE media is neither, but still insisted that they just had to be right. I asked them whether that means taz and Bild are part of the same conspiracy, but that flew over their heads because they couldn't think of any specific news outlet they actually read/watch to point their fingers at, but... THE media is always bad, you know, that is just a fact!

Was forced to debate that more broadly because I didn't know shit about Tate, but holy hell, I broke my teeth on the topic and feel somewhat disheartened. Similar broad distrust arguments I already encountered in other classes when it came to Covid. With one particularly frustrating moment when I was on a field trip and several boys refused to wear a mask in the train despite it still being obligatory and citing their utter conviction "The Media"™ is lying about Corona being so bad as the reason why they refuse to comply. Eventually I managed to (more or less) talk them down (they wore it, but immediately pulled it below their nose upon sitting down), but damn, what a waste of time and breath...

6 hours ago, Toth said:

So I guess I drop by in this thread to ask what the fuck this whole Andrew Tate business is and why anyone should care. I never heard of him before I happened to stumble across mentions of his arrest and something about human trafficking, catfishing women and a pizza box in a tweet attacking Greta Thunberg. Frankly, I didn't pay much attention to any of that until last Friday my students in a (all around very problematic) Politics class asked me whether I know of him. When I said that I vaguely heard of a guy like that being arrested for trafficking women three boys went on a rant about how the guy is innocent and it's just a smear campaign of "The Media"™ to silence a guy speaking "The Truth"™. What truth that is they couldn't tell me and who THE media is neither, but still insisted that they just had to be right. I asked them whether that means taz and Bild are part of the same conspiracy, but that flew over their heads because they couldn't think of any specific news outlet they actually read/watch to point their fingers at, but... THE media is always bad, you know, that is just a fact!

Was forced to debate that more broadly because I didn't know shit about Tate, but holy hell, I broke my teeth on the topic and feel somewhat disheartened. Similar broad distrust arguments I already encountered in other classes when it came to Covid. With one particularly frustrating moment when I was on a field trip and several boys refused to wear a mask in the train despite it still being obligatory and citing their utter conviction "The Media"™ is lying about Corona being so bad as the reason why they refuse to comply. Eventually I managed to (more or less) talk them down (they wore it, but immediately pulled it below their nose upon sitting down), but damn, what a waste of time and breath...

Goebbles would precede almost every Hitler speech with one of his own. Kind of like a crowd-warmer. And what would be the first and main topic of his speeches? Not Communism, not the Jews or the Romani or Versailles, but the liberal media, how biased and corrupt and hypocritical and self-righteous it was, and how unfairly they treated the Nazis. Once he was asked if he really expected to change everyone’s mind about what the press said and only believe his propaganda and he said that while that was ideal, his more realistic objective was to get people to throw up their hands and distrust all press, all media, all external sources of information.

He said in that vacuum ‘people of will’ like himself and the Nazis held the advantage. That’s why every single authoritarian regime in modern history has prioritized attacking/marginalized and or replaced the media wherever they are, because they prefer to operate under the cloud of unaccountable confusion. It’s related to the desire to sow distrust of academia, statistics, etc. 

Edited by James Arryn