Gerwig's Barbie

IheartIheartTesla

One is a movie about a creative genius who dabbled and achieved success in varied fields while inspiring people everywhere and the other is Oppenheimer.

Anyway, this is literally all I know about the Barbie movie, even though promotion has been off the charts:

After being expelled from the utopian Barbie Land for being less-than-perfect dolls, Barbie and Ken go on a journey of self-discovery together to the real world

Discuss

Edited by IheartIheartTesla

Just now, IheartIheartTesla said:

One is a movie about a creative genius who dabbled and achieved success in varied fields while inspiring people everywhere and the other is Oppenheimer.

Anyway, this is literally all I know about the Barbie movie, even though promotion has been off the charts:

Discuss

I must have missed the meeting where everyone agreed to go out of their goddamn minds.  

34 minutes ago, Relic said:

American culture is diseased. 

I want to see this now.

ETA: so are we going to see an epidemic of people endlessly screaming in the streets after the Barbenhiemer double header? Will they need to be trank’d like rogue circus elephants?

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

As if we didnt need more encouragement:

"WARNING: Don’t take your daughter to Barbie," Movieguide titled its report, explaining that the movie allegedly "forgets its core audience of families and children while catering to nostalgic adults and pushing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender character stories."

That's a 'Christian' movie review site, btw, and I've heard rumblings elsewhere that the movie itself is 'feminist' and 'woke', words that are like catnip to me (and all the rest of you degenerates too, I'm sure)

42 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

As if we didnt need more encouragement:

That's a 'Christian' movie review site, btw, and I've heard rumblings elsewhere that the movie itself is 'feminist' and 'woke', words that are like catnip to me (and all the rest of you degenerates too, I'm sure)

This time next week, male, forty-something YouTubers and Twitter clowns will be raging about a Barbie movie that’s “feminist” and “woke” and ignores the source material.

i fucking can’t wait.

ETA: And and, Ken is an “emasculated dumbass” who just makes Barbie look good. 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

4 hours ago, Relic said:

American culture is diseased. 

Huh. Sounds like the point the movie is supposedly making, based on a review or two I've read...

But it is an interesting thing...it's a movie about Barbie, but I kinda want to see this as much as I want to see Oppenheimer...

38 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Huh. Sounds like the point the movie is supposedly making, based on a review or two I've read...

But it is an interesting thing...it's a movie about Barbie, but I kinda want to see this as much as I want to see Oppenheimer...

Someone please tell me there's a Nic Cage cameo, with Cage just...Cageing it up for Gerwig.